What, you expected celebs to stay silent about last night’s big win for President-Elect Barack Obama? No such luck, my friends. Everyone from Oprah Winfrey to Diddy to Jessica Alba had something to say about 2008′s historic election. Read ‘em all in our round up below.
- Oprah Winfrey, one of Obama’s biggest celebrity supporters, couldn’t keep her excitement hidden. “I’m vibrating,” she gushed to Us magazine. Might be a little TMI, Oprah! She also told the BBC, “It feels like hope won. It feels like there’s a shift in consciousness. It feels like something really big and bold has happened here, like nothing ever in our lifetimes did we expect this to happen.”
- Usher: “It’s so incredible to see that this historical thing has happened, man…The public service that went into this and the encouragement that came out of it, it’s just incredible to see it happen.”
- Lindsay Lohan, on her Myspace blog, of course: “OBAMA IS OUR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everyone that voted, no matter their choice…should be proud for voting in the first place ”
- Diddy takes responsibility for Obama’s win: “I felt like my vote was the vote that put him into office. … And that may not be true but that’s how much power it felt like I had.”
- The always astute and reflective Jessica Alba: “I was surprised that McCain brought race into his speech. I guess he was trying to bring people together.”
- A cute message from Kanye West to his deceased mom: “HI MOM, OBAMA WON!”
- Pete Wentz shouts out new Vice President Joe Biden, “I would not be standing here actually in reality, at all, because my parents met working for [vice president elect] Biden. They met on a campaign so they have this particular affection for Joe – he came to their wedding. If it weren’t for Joe Biden, I would not exist as a human being.”
- Spike Lee: “I think that’s a lot to do with young white Americans – they don’t have the same views as their parents.”
- George Clooney: “I congratulate President-elect Obama on his historic victory, and now it’s time to begin unifying the country so we can take on the extraordinary challenges that this generation faces.”
Browse through photos of celebs casting their vote yesterday.
Could this be the best new show ever? Conversely, it could be the worst, but we would watch every delicious second anyway. Various media outlets are reporting that Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears are in talks to star in their very own sitcom together. It appears that HBO wants to sign up the superstar threesome as roommates trying to make it big in Hollywood. Very far away from their reality, obvs.
“The chemistry between them will be electric. They were very close and have had their ups and downs in the Los Angeles party world but they have overcome those problems now.They can draw from their experiences for the sitcom,” reports MTV UK.
What would it be called? The Vag Pack? BFFriends? The mind just boggles. To be honest, it seems pretty far fetched but sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction. Do it, ladies! [Photo: WireImage]
Forget chauffeured limousines or SUVs with bullet-proof, tinted windows, Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson prefer to go underground and take the subway on their day of shopping in New York City. The hot celesbian couple hopped on the train and met up with a friend to hit the stores in Manhattan. [Photos: Splash]
Michael Lohan never stops talking. At least this time he is apologizing for calling his daughter Lindsay Lohan‘s lover Samantha Ronson, a “dark, hideous, and disgusting representation of humanity.”
“I definitely regret all the things I said about Samantha,” Lilo’s daddy said, “I’m a Christian. I should not pass judgement on anyone.”
Lindsay Lohan does what she wants, and never has that been more apparent than on the set of Ugly Betty, where she recently had a guest-starring role. Apparently Lindsay’s diva-ish ways interfered with her on-set relationships with cast and crew, and her bad attitude got her axed from the final two episodes she was booked to do. According to an insider, LoLo supposedly:
- Rolled with a massive entourage.
- Smoked ciggies “24/7.”
- Trashed her dressing room.
- Was constantly cutting out pics of herself from tabloids and magazines as if she was creating the world’s greatest Lindsay Lohan scrapbook.
- Refused to go on set until star America Ferrera showed up.
- Showed up to film a scene where she gets “pants” by Ferrera’s character Betty, but was not wearing underwear and mooned the entire cast.
But a Lindsay defender takes offense to the accusations. In what is surely the greatest anonymous quote ever, the friend says, “Bull [bleep]! Lindsay wears underwear all the time now. She was wearing a G-string. And it was America’s fault. They were rehearsing the scene and America wasn’t supposed to pull Lindsay’s pants down – but she did. Lindsay was so embarrassed, she started crying.”
Funny – we read that and started laughing. [NYP. Photo: GettyImages]
Has it really been just over a year since Lindsay Lohan drunkenly drove those guys around in a white Denali? It feels like she and Samantha Ronson have been together for ages! Despite our distance from LiLo’s days of wine and DUI arrests, the bros she hijacked in July 2007 feel like it was only yesterday. Why else would Ronnie Blake, Jakon Sutter and Dante Nigro have filed suit against Lohan now?
The trio are looking for over $25,000 each for the “shock, surprise, fear and panic” they felt when Lohan commandeered their vehicle to chase her assistant Taryn. Despite the harrowing narrative shared in the suit (“Lohan refused to slow or stop, but instead responded with cursing and vulgar language, including a statement that she did not care about the risk of death”), Ed McPherson, Lohan’s lawyer, told TMZ the case is ridiculous. “These guys had the night of their lives, playing with the radio and leaving the vehicle at one point and getting back in.”
Well, sure, dude. They were partying with Lindsay Lohan! But that doesn’t mean they weren’t scared shitless or that they shouldn’t sue her a year after she did her day in jail for the crime, right? Right?
Related Scandalist Content:
Lindsay Giving Up Girls For Gossip Guy?
Lindsay Lohan Bikini Pictures
Debate of 2008: Lindsay Lohan’s Boobs
100 Greatest Celebrity Scandals of All Time: Lindsay Lohan Melts Down
While we refuse to believe that Lindsay Lohan could love anyone other than the fabulous Samantha Ronson, Big Apple spies want us to think otherwise. Never! Apparently, while all alone at the big Diesel party in Brooklyn last week, Lindsay rubbed thighs with Gossip Girl pretty boy, Chace Crawford. According to the trash-talking sources, Lindsay:
- Threw herself at the doe-eyed Chace.
- Made sure their bodies were touching at all times.
- Gave him dirty, f*ck me looks, whispered in his delicate ears, and turned every comment “into an innuendo.”
- Currently texts Chace 3-4 times a day, much to the amusement of his Gossip Girl cast mates.
Here’s a thought: has anyone considered that maybe sweet, innocent Chace was possibly the one rubbing all over Lindsay, if any rubbing occured at all? We know it’s revolutionary to suggest that Lindsay may just not be a slut (anymore), but perhaps it’s become a little too easy to accuse Linds of wanting to bang every penis in sight. Plus, she’s got a girlfriend people! Sorry Chace, but we think you’re gonna have to get laid elsewhere (Scandalist says: Call us!). [Photos: WireImage, GettyImages]
What sister act was partying at Teddy’s inside the Roosevelt Hotel and singing along to Britney Spears‘ hit “Womanizer”?
What former boy bander was hitting the links in Las Vegas, Nevada for charity?
We have no idea what caused Lindsay Lohan to go crazy with the self-tanner yesterday, but holy sh*t, did she do a number on her little legs. They’re the color of buffalo wings, while her feet are as white as a nice blob of blue cheese dressing. Try as she might, her fake-looking crimped hair does nothing to distract us from her self-tanning disaster. Could it be that there’s some truth to those rumors that Linds has broken up with gal pal Samantha Ronson, and she’s trying to cover up her emotional pain with ugliness on the outside? Oh wait, nevermind – she’s actually engaged to Sam. She must be getting wedding ready! [Photos: GettyImages]