Lady Gaga’s little monsters now have a pretty sizable trump card to pull. Because being a fan of the singer means also being an advocate of all her Gagaisms, right? Ã‚Â While they’re of the “whatever Gaga touches becomes art” side of the debate, the opposition hollers “Nay”! Because there’s a whole section of the planet that doesn’t care much for Gaga’s *ahem*…style? Unfortunately for them, they’re going to find something else to diss because Gaga is now becoming art for real.
Normal celebrities get one statute at Madame Tussauds, and are happy, right? Read this and weep, normal-everyday-star:Ã‚Â Gaga’s getting eight wax figures at Madame Tussauds across the globe. So as Bart Simpson would say …eat my shorts.
The pieces are going to be unveiled on December 9, and each of the museums will have a Gaga of their very own to show off. In terms of what they’ll be wearing, they’ve obviously had plenty to choose from. While the final eight are pretty cool, we’re not totally feeling they did Gaga justice. Hello, meat dress? Hello, hair bow? Hello, crazy face masks? Those didn’t make the cut! But here’s the list of which outfits did.
- Lady in Lace worn at the Brit Awards 2010.Ã‚Â Alex Noble lace body stocking, Philip Tracey face mask, Marie Antoinette hairstyle.
- Telephone worn at Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, 2010.Ã‚Â Phillip Tracey telephone hat, black Armani coat, flared pants, crazy heels
- Harlequin worn at a press conference in Seoul. Black Marjan Pejoski body suit, oversized black neck cuff, straight platinum hair.
- Kinky Boots worn in London, 2009. Cut-away, black shortÃ‚Â Bruno Pieters leather body suit, black lace bra, “disc” hat, Ã‚Â thigh high black boots.
- Mini Mouse worn atÃ‚Â BBC Radio 1 studios in London. One-shoulder black latex body suit, long straight hair , “Mini MouseÃ¢â‚¬Â hair buns.
- Hair Hat (as pictured above), worn at theÃ‚Â Consumer Electronics Show. Blonde hair hat, black, transparent, net dress.
- Wired Ã¢â‚¬Å“wingÃ¢â‚¬Â dress with lightning “eye” worn atÃ‚Â Wetten Dass..? in Germany. Short, black,straplessÃ‚Â Orschel-Read dress, wired, thigh high patent boots.
- Big Hair worn outside theÃ‚Â Phoenix Hotel in Denmark. HugeÃ‚Â purple hair piece over long platinum hair, nude Maison Martin Margiela bodysuit, white blazer, massive platforms.
See what we mean? These are cool looks but definitely not any of the way-out-there stuff that Gaga’s pulled off!