If anyone can make seeing a counselor seem like a cool Saturday night activity to do with your friends, it’s definitely Lady Gaga. “For those wondering about the “counseling” at the BTWBall BornBrave pre-show, it will be a fun tailgating experience for monsters to unite,” Lady Gaga tweeted to her fans today. “At the #BornBraveBus you have access to professional private or group chats about mental health, depression, bullying, school & friends.” Do we even have to say that we love this? What other international pop star is out there trying to make it okay for teens to get therapy? Not nobody!
First eating disorders, now depression: Gaga has clearly got her teen fans’ backs. Anything to lessen the stigma around mental illness is okay by us! “#BornBraveBus Is a place where mental health + depression are taken seriously w/ no judgement, FREE real help available to all #BraverWorld,” Gaga explained. “I feel like most kids don’t look for help because they feel embarrassed so mom + I wanted to break the stigmas around “help” and make it fun.” We are so all about this. Can we eventually have counseling buses at every concert? How about every high school football game? Just constantly driving the world around helping people? We need Bill Gates or someone equally as loaded to help make this happen immediately.
Throughout the year we try our very best to bring you the sexiest celebrity pics that the internet has to offer. But with today being Christmas and all, we knew that we really had to step up our game and go even better to give you the gift of glam. That’s why we’ve painstakingly scoured the web to track down the 50 hottest Twitpics and Instagrams of the entire year! Don’t worry, we weren’t doing anything today anyhow. 2012 has been a great time for social media savvy celebs, as more and more stars can’t resist the chance to give their fans a little sneak peek into their lives (and dressing rooms). All your favorites are in here, from Pop Queens like Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Beyonce, to Booty Queens like Coco, Kim Kardashian, Angela Simmons and Adrianne Curry. If there’s a famous person that you want to see with very minimal clothes, well then you’re in luck dear friend! Have another bite of figgy pudding and head down to the gallery below. Merry Christmas and happy new year, folks!
Celebrities — they’re just like us, right? By which we mean, our stars arrive as a mixed bag: We have our American sweethearts, the class clowns and, of course, the bad seeds. Even if it’s normal for a former Disney teenage star to flash her crotch in public these days, Santa does not approve. And yet other A-listers used their stardom in 2012 to rise above the fray, display their philanthropic ways, and prove there are menches in Hollywood. Their hard work does not go unnoticed, and we know those little elves (a.k.a., their agents) are stuffing some A-list gifts in their stockings. Because we all know that Justin Bieber really needs another hoodie. And maybe we need the Lindsay Lohans out there to make us appreciate the Matt Damons even more. Here we’ve broken down our list of our naughty n’ nice celebrities of 2012.
1. Chris Brown – I don’t even know where to begin with this one. Brown brawled with Drake in a club, rekindled a romance with the woman he abused and tattooed an image of a battered woman on his neck. Ah, Chris Brown. You never fail to prove you are the biggest douchebag there ever was. Not only will Santa be skipping your house this year, but I can assure you, Dancer, Prancer, and Rudolph will send you a stocking filled with their droppings.
2. Amanda Bynes – The former child star who rose to fame with All That and The Amanda Show is now giving audiences a different kind of Amanda show — one filled with hit and runs and DUIs. Santa may not think you’re all that this year, but hopefully you can take that as a sign to get it together for 2013. Put down the booze, get some help, and nab a supporting role in an indie comedy to reboot your career. Or, if you’re really retiring from acting, take a break from making headlines too. We’re rooting for you, Amanda.
3. Nicki Minaj – Nicki needs to learn to respect her elders … and the divas around town. She and Mariah Carey have been at it since auditions of American Idol this year, and we’re placing blame on the rap star who allegedly threatened to “shoot” Mariah in an argument. There’s no need for that kind of drama in the search for America’s next pop star, is there? Coal for you, Ms. Minaj.
Lady Gaga is now under fire from a high profile Russian politician who is accusing her of “illegally” promoting gay rights in their country. Vitaly Milonov, an associate of President Vladimir Putin, is reportedly planning to file a lawsuit against the singer following her concert in his ruling district of St. Petersburg last Sunday. “We saw that in addition to music, songs and such, there were direct calls for 12-year-old citizens to support the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) community,” he said. “The main complaints are [her] calls for minors to support the organization of gays and lesbians, the illegal use of the Russian Federation flag at her concert and slander against our country.”
Milonov has co-written a law banning gay “propaganda” in St. Petersburg, and tried unsuccessfully to prohibit the sale of Gaga’s show tickets to anyone under the age of 18. Mother Monster’s representation even claims to have received a phone call prior to the show threatening arrest and $50,000 fines if she were to voice support for the LGBT community onstage. Wow, we thought the Cold War was over! Milonov tried similar tactics against Madonna over the summer, which were met with laughs in the court and disgust from the performer. Luckily, we’re feeling like nothing is going to come of these further legal threats. Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has already come to Lady Gaga’s aide in an interview last week, in which he said that “not all human relationships are subject to legal regulation.”
[Photo: Getty Images]
Love is a battlefield, and 2012 was not immune the heart’s harsh ways. Celebrity relationships had a tough go at things this year and saw a record number of sad splits (Amy Poehler and Will Arnett), shocking divorces (Heidi Klum and Seal) and close-call almost breakups (Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson). But 2012 also saw a few reconciliations (Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez), giving us hope for 2013. Browse through our gallery of the 20 biggest breakups of 2012 and tell us which split was the most devastating to watch.
We always appreciate celebrities who take to Twitter and Instagram and share their lives with us. And while a lot of what they share is amusing insight into their world, it’s safe to say some of their most entertaining tweets are shots of their ink. Let’s face it, tattoos are fascinating forms of self-expression and it’s always interesting to see what people permanently etch into their skin — especially celebrities.
Lady Gaga, Drake, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Adam Lambert and more got their ink on this year. And despite commending them for braving the needle, some tattoos are just worse than others. We’ve ranked them from our least to most favorite, so browse through our gallery of 20 Instagram shots and Twitpics and tell which is your favorite celeb tattoo of 2012.
Let’s face it, we’ve all seen a couple of real fashion doozies this year. Whether they were at any one of the major award ceremonies, premieres or just disasters spotted on the street, our celebrities have made some grade-A worst-dressed choices in 2012. As always, as we look back at it all, we thought we would compile said bad sartorial decisions into one big, bad list. A top 20, to be precise. We’ve also compiled the looks in a gallery for you to pore through. We’re going to break it down for you from number 20 right up to numero uno. Feel free to let us know if you agree with the list, and if we missed anyone.
20. Jennifer Lawrence: We’re so sad that Jennifer is on this list, but her blue, swirl-printed, boob-squishing, shiny Viktor & Rolf dress worn at the People’s Choice Awards gave us a headache.
19. Jessica Chastain: Jessica Chastain is such a beautiful woman but this Prabal Gurung dress, worn at the CFDA Fashion Awards was anything but fashionable on her. It also completely washed her out.
18. Elle Fanning: She may be young, but she’s a total fashionista. So when Elle wore this random Prada mess with those strange platforms by the same brand, to the Breaking Dawn – Part 2 premiere in L.A. it broke our hearts.
17. Nelly Furtado: The brand of the dress was right — Alberta Ferretti — but the fit was all wrong, as was the crochet, on Nelly Furtado at the Billboard Music Awards.
16. Kourtney Kardashian: A TURBAN? Seriously, Kourtney?
15. LeAnn Rimes: This is one of our least favorite Stella McCartney designs ever, and LeAnn didn’t make it any better by pairing them with those grey shoes at the America Country Music Awards.
14. Chloe Sevigny: This Miu Miu dress worn to the Met Ball felt like a fashion experiment gone wrong.
13. Lindsay Lohan: Too much blush, way fake hair extensions, a cheap-looking satin gown, diamond cut-out with red tear-drops … oh, Lindsay. She could have done so much better to the premiere of Liz & Dick.
12. Katy Perry: This neon green ensemble that Katy wore to the Kids Choice Awards looks like something Kermit threw up.
11. Jessica Szohr: Leopard-print headband? High-tops? Bodysuit? It’s a mash-up of fashion decade trends gone wrong on Jessica at the MTV Video Music Awards.
10. Rita Ora: Rita’s Emilio Pucci jumpsuit worn at the MTV Video Music Awards physically assaulted our eyes. Read more…
Are you the sort of person who scrolls down to see what shoes celebrities are wearing when you see an outfit that interests you? Then this is the list for you. Even if you aren’t a shoe fanatic, this is still a fun exercise, to be honest. We’ve compiled together our list of the top 25 most drool-worthy heels, platforms and boots spotted on celebrities in 2012. And to make it even more interesting, when you visit the gallery below, we’ve put pictures of the shoes first, with the celebrity reveal right after, so you can have a go at guessing who the gorgeous heel, platform, pump, bootie or boot belongs to! The caption on each celebrity reveal will also tell you what brand the shoe is and where and when it was worn. All our favourite celebrities are in there: Beyonce, Kristen Stewart, Emma Stone and a whole host more.
A couple of spoilers, though. We won’t tell you the color of the shoes so you can still have a guess when you look through the pictures. We adore Mila Kunis‘ Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ and Miley Cyrus‘ Jimmy Choo ‘Tippi” pumps, respectively. Bella Thorne‘s Miu Miu platform booties are to die for, as are Rooney Mara‘s YSL ‘Tribtoo’ slingbacks. Have a blast figuring out which is which. We wish you a happy and well-heeled rest of 2012!
[Photos: Getty Images]
Over the past year nail art has reached new heights of popularity among celebrities — and regular people too. Stars usually step out on the red carpet with a fresh manicure, but of late, nails have stopped being merely an accessory and have evolved into a focal point. Zooey Deschanel kicked off the year with adorable tuxedo nails at the 2012 Golden Globes and Katy Perry, Demi Lovato, Rihanna and Amber Rose have followed suit, stepping up the style on their digits and, for our benefit, documenting their creativity on Instagram and Twitter along the way.
Browse through our gallery and tell us which celebs hit the nail(s) on the head in 2012.
If Rihanna has a reality show in addition to being one of the biggest stars in the world, shouldn’t Lady Gaga have a side gig or eight as well? Barbra Streisand certainly thinks so, and has that woman ever been wrong? WELL, HAS SHE? No. According to Time‘s Joel Stein, Babs is hoping to steer Gaga toward the big screen, fantasy-casting her in the upcoming remake of Gypsy, ostensibly as burlesque perfumer Gypsy Rose Lee. “I told [Streisand] what a mullet is, she told me she’s thinking of casting Lady Gaga as the lead in her remake of Gypsy.” Stein writes. Let’s see…singing, dancing, wearing fabulously trashy outfits. We might be crazy here, but this just might work. Dear God, would Barbra play her insane stage mother Mama Rose? This right here is why Streisand makes the big bucks. This is the best idea since Bette Midler starred in the 1993 version of Gypsy, which historians agree was the best idea ever.
Of course, Gaga’s proposed role in the musical-based movie remake would be on top of her world tour, her work on the upcoming album ARTPOP, making her first big screen appearance in the upcoming Machete Kills, continuing her work with her Born This Way Foundation and recently teaming up with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), beginning with her current visit to South Africa. That feels about right. That feels like a reasonable workload for a human being.
[Photo: Getty Images]