Bad hair happens to even the most glamorous of us, as proven by Hollywood’s elite on Oscar night. Wacky styles were out in droves on the red carpet, from she’s-come-undone buns to long, platinum man-tresses (spotted mostly on Euro technical award nominees, natch). Here, the most insanely wrong coiffures of the evening — we won’t judge if you won’t.—Tia Williams
While Kanye‘s away, ranting about “Suit & Tie, his baby mama will play. Kim Kardashian found herself among Hollywood royalty last night, as well as all other L.A. denizens without a ticket to the actual awards portion of Oscar Sunday. But who cares! The mom-to-be, her sister Kourtney, and pal Nicki Minaj were just happy to have a reason to party. Keeping dreaming of one day achieving marginal stardom, kids. It might be just enough to get you into Elton John‘s annual award show fete. Click through for a look at Selena Gomez, Heidi Klum, Miley Cyrus, and the Oscar faves who celebrated well into the night.
Because after the show it’s the after-party, and after the party it’s… time for bed? Never.
Thanks to the rise of ultra snarky shows like Fashion Police, Hollywood’s A-List movie stars work their hardest during the 3-month slog that is Awards Season to stay out of the crosshairs of Joan Rivers and her band of catty cronies. Thankfully, our favorite musicians like Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj and Cee-Lo Green have no such qualms about making a genuine fashion statement on Grammy night.
Is that Nicki Minaj or the Barbie version of Nicki Minaj? Literally every photo we saw of the singer had the same or a combination of poses and facial expressions that you see above. These were taken at the American Idol Season 12 premiere event held at Royce Hall, UCLA yesterday Westwood, California. It’s like she was trying to totally out-dress that other AI female judge (*cough* Mariah Carey *cough*) because you know those two aren’t exactly BFF. Forget the hair and the neon lips — it’s the dress we’re shielding our eyes from. It’s so neon that we need sunglasses? It’s a bandage dress so our first thought is that it’s possible Herve Leger because he’s the king of bodycon bandage dresses. And then there are the crazy black-and-white platform, ankle-strap shoes. We see a tell-tale red sole we’re guessing these have to Christian Louboutin? It’s all very … Nicki. Is that a good thing, we don’t know? All we’re thinking is how much Spanx had to be worn underneath that dress to keep everything in place. Also, and this is a very serious question — how does anyone sit down in a dress like that without splitting a seam?
[Photos: Splash News Online]
For the past few Decembers we’ve looked forward to doing a round-up of singer/fashion lunatic Lady Gaga’s weirdest and wildest looks from that year. But as we started looking for 2012, we realized a scary fact: Mother Monster has kind of really toned it down lately. Eek! Sure there was some mighty sideboobs every now and then, But that was pretty much the best (or worst) of it. What were we to do!? Who is going to fill the void left by this insane style void? Which celebrity is the rightful heir to Lady Gaga’s crazy fashion throne!? We’ve looked high and low for the rightful successor and came up with a pretty killer list of contenters, from singers like Nicki Minaj and Rihanna to the Vampire Diaries‘ Kat Graham. Head down to the gallery below and see which celeb toppled Gags as the nuttiest fashionista (or fashionisto) of 2012. Enjoy!
[Photo: Getty Images]
Celebrities — they’re just like us, right? By which we mean, our stars arrive as a mixed bag: We have our American sweethearts, the class clowns and, of course, the bad seeds. Even if it’s normal for a former Disney teenage star to flash her crotch in public these days, Santa does not approve. And yet other A-listers used their stardom in 2012 to rise above the fray, display their philanthropic ways, and prove there are menches in Hollywood. Their hard work does not go unnoticed, and we know those little elves (a.k.a., their agents) are stuffing some A-list gifts in their stockings. Because we all know that Justin Bieber really needs another hoodie. And maybe we need the Lindsay Lohans out there to make us appreciate the Matt Damons even more. Here we’ve broken down our list of our naughty n’ nice celebrities of 2012.
1. Chris Brown – I don’t even know where to begin with this one. Brown brawled with Drake in a club, rekindled a romance with the woman he abused and tattooed an image of a battered woman on his neck. Ah, Chris Brown. You never fail to prove you are the biggest douchebag there ever was. Not only will Santa be skipping your house this year, but I can assure you, Dancer, Prancer, and Rudolph will send you a stocking filled with their droppings.
2. Amanda Bynes – The former child star who rose to fame with All That and The Amanda Show is now giving audiences a different kind of Amanda show — one filled with hit and runs and DUIs. Santa may not think you’re all that this year, but hopefully you can take that as a sign to get it together for 2013. Put down the booze, get some help, and nab a supporting role in an indie comedy to reboot your career. Or, if you’re really retiring from acting, take a break from making headlines too. We’re rooting for you, Amanda.
3. Nicki Minaj – Nicki needs to learn to respect her elders … and the divas around town. She and Mariah Carey have been at it since auditions of American Idol this year, and we’re placing blame on the rap star who allegedly threatened to “shoot” Mariah in an argument. There’s no need for that kind of drama in the search for America’s next pop star, is there? Coal for you, Ms. Minaj.
Holidays or not, for those of us that work to rake the muck in the celebrity gossip world, wardrobe malfunctions are the gift that keep on giving. Next year, the Big Bang of wardrobe malfunctions, Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake Super Bowl event, turns nine-years-old, but the paparazzi show no signs of slowing down when it comes to catching celebrities with their pants down (sometimes quite literally).
2012 was a banner year for carelessness in the clothing department, one in which even genuinely classy celebs like Anne Hathaway and Emma Watson ended up showing off body parts only their significant others typically get to see. And, of course, not all celebs are unwilling participants in the Wardrobe Malfunction game; exhibitionist types like Coco, perpetual offender Lindsay Lohan, the chronically blazed Rihanna, and evil genius momager Kris Jenner all saw their profiles rise after strategically-timed slips. And don’t think we just picked on the ladies — we’ll #NEVERFORGET Kanye West‘s low-hanging drawers after a backseat romp with Kimmy K.
So whether these moments were intentional in nature or accidents, VH1 Celebrity’s gallery of the Top 25 Most Scandalous Wardrobe Malfunctions of 2012 captures them all for your viewing pleasure.
[Photo Credits: Splash News Online, Pacific Coast News, Getty, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram]
Let’s face it, we’ve all seen a couple of real fashion doozies this year. Whether they were at any one of the major award ceremonies, premieres or just disasters spotted on the street, our celebrities have made some grade-A worst-dressed choices in 2012. As always, as we look back at it all, we thought we would compile said bad sartorial decisions into one big, bad list. A top 20, to be precise. We’ve also compiled the looks in a gallery for you to pore through. We’re going to break it down for you from number 20 right up to numero uno. Feel free to let us know if you agree with the list, and if we missed anyone.
20. Jennifer Lawrence: We’re so sad that Jennifer is on this list, but her blue, swirl-printed, boob-squishing, shiny Viktor & Rolf dress worn at the People’s Choice Awards gave us a headache.
19. Jessica Chastain: Jessica Chastain is such a beautiful woman but this Prabal Gurung dress, worn at the CFDA Fashion Awards was anything but fashionable on her. It also completely washed her out.
18. Elle Fanning: She may be young, but she’s a total fashionista. So when Elle wore this random Prada mess with those strange platforms by the same brand, to the Breaking Dawn – Part 2 premiere in L.A. it broke our hearts.
17. Nelly Furtado: The brand of the dress was right — Alberta Ferretti — but the fit was all wrong, as was the crochet, on Nelly Furtado at the Billboard Music Awards.
16. Kourtney Kardashian: A TURBAN? Seriously, Kourtney?
15. LeAnn Rimes: This is one of our least favorite Stella McCartney designs ever, and LeAnn didn’t make it any better by pairing them with those grey shoes at the America Country Music Awards.
14. Chloe Sevigny: This Miu Miu dress worn to the Met Ball felt like a fashion experiment gone wrong.
13. Lindsay Lohan: Too much blush, way fake hair extensions, a cheap-looking satin gown, diamond cut-out with red tear-drops … oh, Lindsay. She could have done so much better to the premiere of Liz & Dick.
12. Katy Perry: This neon green ensemble that Katy wore to the Kids Choice Awards looks like something Kermit threw up.
11. Jessica Szohr: Leopard-print headband? High-tops? Bodysuit? It’s a mash-up of fashion decade trends gone wrong on Jessica at the MTV Video Music Awards.
10. Rita Ora: Rita’s Emilio Pucci jumpsuit worn at the MTV Video Music Awards physically assaulted our eyes. Read more…
Over the past year nail art has reached new heights of popularity among celebrities — and regular people too. Stars usually step out on the red carpet with a fresh manicure, but of late, nails have stopped being merely an accessory and have evolved into a focal point. Zooey Deschanel kicked off the year with adorable tuxedo nails at the 2012 Golden Globes and Katy Perry, Demi Lovato, Rihanna and Amber Rose have followed suit, stepping up the style on their digits and, for our benefit, documenting their creativity on Instagram and Twitter along the way.
Browse through our gallery and tell us which celebs hit the nail(s) on the head in 2012.
The holidays are a time to celebrate goodwill for all human kind. And that’s cool and all, but that stuff gets sort of old after a while. So now let’s take a minute and take a look at all famous folks who didn’t get the peace and harmony memo! We’ve assembled our list of the top 20 most brutal celebrity beat-downs of 2012. Join us in a chant of “Fight fight fight!” and check it out!
20. Rita Ora vs. Rob Kardashian: Rita Whora’s Revenge
Rob Kardashian didn’t handle his heartbreak all that great following his split with Rita Ora. Instead of posting passive aggressive Facebook statuses like the rest of us, he went on an all-out Twitter assault against his former flame, claiming that she cheated on him with 20 dudes, and coining the obvious pun, “Rita Whora,” which became a trending topic soon after. #Revenge? #SmallVictories
Stitches required: Just 1 for Rob’s broken heart.