Before the stars were stars, they were normal people trying to make a living. Every penny they made was spent on rent and food, not stylists and clothing. That’s why it’s so awesome to see celebrity before-and-after shots: getting a glimpse of what J.Lo looked like with crazy eyebrows or when Alec Baldwin was just a sliver of his current self. We wanted to honor some of our finest actors and performers by going back in time—back to when no one could bother to get their clothes tailored, they were too cheap to use anything but boxed hair color, and the word “stylist” didn’t even exist in Hollywood. Some of these people are a victim of the era from whence they came, but others have no excuse. The important thing to remember: these people had a choice about how to dress, and these are the outfits they chose. The awkward, tragic outfits they chose.
35. George Clooney Needs A Trip To The Fashion ER
34. Mila Kunis Looks Patchy
33. Brad Pitt’s Electric Youth
32. We Can’t Believe Destiny Let Her Child Out Like That
31. The Simpson Sisters’ Belly Shirt Blues
30. Bret Michaels’ Poisonous Outfit
29. Mayer McSleaze
28. Mulder And Lara Croft At The Frown Prom
27. Teri Hatcher, Fanny Packin’ Heat
26. Seacrest’s Smile Lights The Way
25. Sister Christian, Your Time Has Come
24. Dude, Where’s My Style?
23. Mad Man Seeks Tailor
22. A Rolling Scarf Gathers No Moss
21. Open Season For Ciara
20. A Lively Fashion Debate
19. Oh, NO, Sheryl Crow!
18. Marky Mark Gets Funky, Bunchy
17. Alicia Says Leather Is Key
16. Leather Longoria
15. Cow-Hide-y Klum
14. Grandma Heigl
13. A(n Old) Nose For Fashion
12. Alec Baldwin Needs A Ball Wrangler
11. Romeo And Juliet Died Before They Could Register For A Mirror
10. Don’t Speak, I Know What You’re Thinkin’
9. Mad Dash
8. Party Of Two
7. When Cameron Met Aqua Net
6. The Devil Wears Forever 21
5. Thank God Michelle Moved Away From Dawson’s Creek
4. More Like Kate LOSE-let
3. Keira Lady Of The Night-ley
2. What The Halle?
1. Scary Maguire
[Photos: Getty Images]
Idol gave back last night and while the show definitely had it’s fair share of awkward moments (George Lopez and his whole tired “comedy” bit, Alicia Keys’ off-key-ness), in the spirit of the show, we’ll charitably overlook those and just say that Idol Gives Back certainly seems like a worthy cause. More than that though, the show also meant the elimination of someone we’ve grown so fond of making fun of, the gloriously be-banged Tim Urban, and in an extra charitable move, they didn’t not make him sing an exit song. Vote for the worst, your reign is over.