In case you didn’t believe us yesterday when we told you that Warm Bodies should be one of your next obsessions, we present to you the trailer of the movie, starring Nicholas Hoult (a.k.a. Jennifer Lawrence’s partner in Cheeto-eating) as the most lovable walking dead you’ve ever met. He may do for zombies what Anne Rice and Stephenie Meyer did for vampires: turn their rotting flesh into the object of our desire. Well, OK, R is not THAT sexy right off the bat, but trust us, he grows on you. We were already looking forward to the movie after reading the book, by Isaac Marion, but now this trailer has us hyped about a few other things. Namely:
- The great juxtaposition of R’s internal dialogue and his moaning outer one.
- Rob Corddry as R’s womanizing undead buddy M.
- The fact that M’s humorous scenes are helping erase the trauma of last week’s Walking Dead.
- John Freaking Malkovich as Julie’s dad.
- Dave Franco as Julie’s dead dead ex-boyfriend Perry. Why isn’t Dave in all of the things yet?
- Analeigh Tipton — who cracked us up in Crazy, Stupid, Love. — as Julie’s wisecracking friend Nora.
Julie herself, played by Teresa Palmer, is still something of a blank slate in this trailer. But maybe that’s because we’re meant to fall in love with her right along with R?