One For The Money starring Katherine Heigl opens wide today, and it shows her in a way we aren’t used to seeing her. No, we don’t just mean “brunette.” The film is based on the best-selling novel about Stephanie Plum, a down-on-her-luck lady from New Jersey who turns to bounty hunting to make some cash. The tough-as-nails Jersey girl part seems a bit of a stretch for Heigl. So let’s hope she researched by watching some other classic characters hailing from the great Garden State. Check out our 15 favorites in the gallery below. (Warning: Those sensitive to blatant stereotyping of New Jersey residents should probably just proceed to the next blog post.)
[Photo: Getty Images]
Did Tony Soprano lose a cap? James Gandolfini initially kept his mouth shot on the red carpet of Cinema Verite, his new HBO movie about proto-reality stars the Loud family, but the presence of so many ladyfriends (co-star Diane Lane, Sopranos buddy Lorraine Bracco and Hope Davis and Marcia Gay Harden of God Of Carnage) made it impossible for him to keep a straight face, forcing him to reveal a broken tooth. Aww, don’t be bashful, James! It’s cute—and easily fixable.
See more shots of whistling James—and Cinema Verite co-stars like Thomas Dekker and Patrick Fugit—in the gallery below.
[Photo: Getty Images]
Hey guys, Kate Spencer here. I cover the Kristen Stewart (photos) beat for TheFABlife and like all of you I eagerly sat down at my desk this morning to watch the new Welcome to the Rileys trailer and count how many times my pretend BFF KStew bit her lips (answer: 0!)*. The flick revolves around a couple – played by Melissa Leo and James Gandolfini - who lose a daughter and later take in a teenage stripper, played by Stew-pants. It looks a bit cliched and sappy, but I trust these actors to bring it and will definitely give it a watch, and not just because I’m a brainwashed Kristen loyalist and think she can do no wrong. Which she can’t.
I chronicled my emotional journey through the the 2 minute and 26 second trailer and have documented my varying reactions for you, dear, Stew-fans, below.
Let’s just say I ended up in tears. Don’t tell anyone. More importantly – what did you think? Would you camp out for 4 days for WTTR?
- :10 – Melissa Leo doesn’t even have to talk and she’s f*cking amazing.
- :16 – I’m still sad they killed Adriana on The Sopranos. Also James Gandolfini with a Southern accent = LOLs.
- :35 – What do they use in movies to make fake pills?
- :46 – Kristen’s old hair! I still love you! Come back to me!
- :47 – Where can I get a meatball po’boy?
- 1:02 – I bet Kristen took those bright yellow Keds home with her after shooting wrapped.
- 1:34 – Wait a second, Kristen just half-bit her lip. Does that count?
- 1:45 – The make-up artist should win an Oscar for making Kristen’s perfect skin look so nasty.
- 1:52 – And…Kristen just made the most classic Stew face ever. Be still, fluttering heart of mine.
- 2:17 – Oh crap, I’m crying! Why am I crying?!
* Lip-bite count updated to .5 after re-watching the trailer.