Oz The Great And Powerful opens tomorrow, giving us some background on the beloved family classic, The Wizard Of Oz. The prequel staring James Franco, Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams and Rachel Weisz tells the story of the of how the famed wizard arrived in the titular land, and also explores his relationship with the beautiful/terrifying Wicked Witch sisters, Theodora and Evanora!
This one’s going to be a hard choice to lock down, peeps. At least it was for us, which is why we’re putting it up for a vote. It was wonderful to see pops of hot pink on the SAG Awards red carpet last night, especially on three such lovely ladies who pull off the color so well. We’ll start with Lea Michele. We’re not too keen on the ombre hair — a trend we really wish would go away — but fell for the drama that was her fuchsia Valentino Resort 2013 ball gown. It’s different from the usual super sexy, thigh-high slit Lea that we know and not-often love. So this chic, pull-back look was a welcome change. Jimmy Choo heels and Jennifer Mayer jewelry finished the outfit quite nicely. Next up, we have sartorial favorite, Freida Pinto. The actress wore a stunning flouro-pink Roland Mouret gown, that draped in a column around her like a boss. The black belt at the waist was the perfect touch, as was the soft styling of the vintage hair. Now, if you twisted our arm and forced to pick our look for the evening, then we’d have to admit that Nina Dobrev has inched ahead. This hot pink Elie Saab Spring 2013 gown with the ever-so-subtle cutouts is possibly one of the best looks the actress has ever worn, period. Take a bow, Nina. Actually, take a bow, all three of you. Now, all that’s left to be seen is your vote!
[Photos: Getty Images]
While goth was a major trend at the Golden Globes last night, another major direction that the fashion was inclined towards was the diametrically opposite — pastels. Shimmering nudes, pretty neutrals, and creamy white were all spotted on stars providing a wonderful foil to the ever-prevelant black. Leading this brigade was Amy Adams in a romantic nude Marchesa gown with a tulle fishtail complete with Tiffany & Co. jewelery. Isla Fisher also chose a nude palette but sparkled thanks to beaded embroidery that was sewn all over her love Reem Acra gown. Amanda Seyfried was another highlight in a shell, flowing, lace-panelled Givenchy Couture custom-made gown which had us sold. Megan Fox nailed it, as well, in a blush-colored, strapless Dolce & Gabbana dress with Jimmy Choo shoes, Lorraine Schwartz jewelery and a Salvatore Ferragamo clutch. Bringing in the sexy were, who else, but Jennifer Lopez and Lea Michele. J.Lo worked it like a pro, pouring her curves in a nude Zuhair Murad long-sleeved gown covered in ivory lace overlay. Lea went her regular route by showing off some leg, but still looked quite lovely in a white, halter-necked, textured Elie Saab gown and bag paired with Lorraine Schwartz jewels and Giambattista Valli heels. Heidi Klum also showed off some major stems in a one-shouldered white Alexandre Vauthier gown with gold, embellished trim.
Adding little washes of pastel color were Kelly Osbourne and Nicole Richie. Kelly chose a mint green, fishtail Zac Posen gown that somehow, ended up working with her lavender hair. She buffed up her outfit with Giuseppe Zanotti shoes, a Judith Leiber bag and Jacob & Co jewels. Nicole, on the other hand, was elegant in an vintage-looking, old-Hollywood inspired, pale blue and white Naeem Khan gown. She even worked in pale blue eyeshadow — how’s that for retro? Check out all our looks compiled in the gallery below and tell us who got the thumbs-up.
[Photos: Getty Images]
Please help us decide about this Elie Saab dress Lea Michele wore to the People’s Choice Awards. Part of us thinks it’s super cute and were we blessed with Lea’s legs, we’d want it right now. Part of us is weirded out by the rectangular cluster of extra sequins strategically placed to hide her private bits. There’s the fact that her body looks slamming in it, but then there’s the fact that it shows a disturbing amount of underboob and would maybe look classier if it were just an inch longer. But the color is so fun! And it is the PCAs we’re talking here, not the Oscars. But she’s making those cheesy poses and faces! But she just won for Favorite Comedic TV Actress!
Seriously, we can’t decide. Will you please do this for us?
[Photos: Getty Images]
It’s New Year’s Eve — time to get out the bubbly, steal a midnight kiss, watch the ball drop in Times Square, and hope the pressure doesn’t build too much to have the most epic night ever. Maybe instead you want to leave the partying to the amateurs and spend the night in with one of these great (and terrible) movies about what can be the best or worst night of the year. From all time classics like The Apartment to not so great movies like New Year’s Eve, here are five flicks to get you through to 2013.
When Harry Met Sally – It’s the rom-com that begot all rom-coms of our time, this Rob Reiner classic is filed with so many one liners and memorable moments, I find myself reenacting this scene every time I’m at Katz’s Deli in New York. But seriously, Mindy Kaling isn’t the only one who was fed on Nora Ephron films. Of course, the final New Year’s Eve scene is the climactic moment when Harry furiously runs through the abandoned streets of New York as “It Had to Be You” plays in the background has set the standard for every romantic scene in every movie we’ve seen since then.
The Poseidon Adventure – The classic action film starring a very young Gene Hackman follows the passengers of the SS Poseidon after their ship has been overturned from a massive tsunami. As the clock strikes midnight, guests are drinking, dancing and celebrating the New Year as usual. The next moment, their lives are literally turned upside down, as the guests try to find a way safely out of the capsized ship. Now that’s a way to start the new year!
200 Cigarettes – Even though this film takes place in 1981 in New York City, 200 Cigarettes could not seem more like a ’90s Gen X film. Courtney Love? Check. Janeane Garofalo? Check. Cynicism? Check. Kevin, played by the never-aging Paul Rudd, laments how New Year’s Eve creates “an obligation to enjoy oneself.” We have to admit, this is pretty true. As much as we are excited about 2013, there is always pressure to make the night of the most memorable event as possible. But if Paul Rudd were at our party, we would not be complaining.
Throughout the year we try our very best to bring you the sexiest celebrity pics that the internet has to offer. But with today being Christmas and all, we knew that we really had to step up our game and go even better to give you the gift of glam. That’s why we’ve painstakingly scoured the web to track down the 50 hottest Twitpics and Instagrams of the entire year! Don’t worry, we weren’t doing anything today anyhow. 2012 has been a great time for social media savvy celebs, as more and more stars can’t resist the chance to give their fans a little sneak peek into their lives (and dressing rooms). All your favorites are in here, from Pop Queens like Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Beyonce, to Booty Queens like Coco, Kim Kardashian, Angela Simmons and Adrianne Curry. If there’s a famous person that you want to see with very minimal clothes, well then you’re in luck dear friend! Have another bite of figgy pudding and head down to the gallery below. Merry Christmas and happy new year, folks!
Let’s face it, we’ve all seen a couple of real fashion doozies this year. Whether they were at any one of the major award ceremonies, premieres or just disasters spotted on the street, our celebrities have made some grade-A worst-dressed choices in 2012. As always, as we look back at it all, we thought we would compile said bad sartorial decisions into one big, bad list. A top 20, to be precise. We’ve also compiled the looks in a gallery for you to pore through. We’re going to break it down for you from number 20 right up to numero uno. Feel free to let us know if you agree with the list, and if we missed anyone.
20. Jennifer Lawrence: We’re so sad that Jennifer is on this list, but her blue, swirl-printed, boob-squishing, shiny Viktor & Rolf dress worn at the People’s Choice Awards gave us a headache.
19. Jessica Chastain: Jessica Chastain is such a beautiful woman but this Prabal Gurung dress, worn at the CFDA Fashion Awards was anything but fashionable on her. It also completely washed her out.
18. Elle Fanning: She may be young, but she’s a total fashionista. So when Elle wore this random Prada mess with those strange platforms by the same brand, to the Breaking Dawn – Part 2 premiere in L.A. it broke our hearts.
13. Lindsay Lohan: Too much blush, way fake hair extensions, a cheap-looking satin gown, diamond cut-out with red tear-drops … oh, Lindsay. She could have done so much better to the premiere of Liz & Dick.
11. Jessica Szohr: Leopard-print headband? High-tops? Bodysuit? It’s a mash-up of fashion decade trends gone wrong on Jessica at the MTV Video Music Awards.
10. Rita Ora: Rita’s Emilio Pucci jumpsuit worn at the MTV Video Music Awards physically assaulted our eyes. Read more…
“These babies are great. They are my prizewinners,” Lea Michele says of her breasts in the new issue of Marie Claire (via Zap2It). The Glee is refreshingly frank about the body parts she used to flash to the world on a regular basis back in her Spring Awakening days. “For a while, they were out and about, showing off on Broadway every night, then they came to L.A. and were like, ‘No one else looks like me here!’ They were nervous to make their appearance but feel they’ve earned their place. So they asked if they could come out, and I was like, ‘All right, you guys.’ They definitely rose to the occasion, so I’m going to continue to give them more opportunities.”
That statement made us look back at Michele’s fashion choices this year, and indeed, she has been showing them off quite a bit this year. As she said, she doesn’t have a plastic Hollywood body, but we love how she’s been flaunting some cleavage on the red carpet, demonstrating that she’s definitely not Rachel Berry when the cameras are off. Take a look. And if you’re really curious about those “prizewinners,” watch this NSFW clip of Michele and Jonathan Groff getting it on in Spring Awakening.
[Photos: Getty Images, Marie Claire]
Sexy, often scandalous, and forever sensational — throw in a thigh-high slit into your gown and you’re going to get completely eyeballed. The more daring the cut, the more looks it’s going to get, so you know that celebrities love this major red carpet trend. 2012 has been the year for thigh-baring gown slits as our stars went all out to show as much leg as possible. Most of your most beloved ladies and ours opted for the style, so we decided to pick the top 15 most incredible leggy gown moments and rank them. We’ll start with number 15 and work our way up to numero uno. Of course, all the photographs, numbered accordingly, are in the gallery below, so have a look and a read and tell us whether we got it right in the comments section.
15. Sophia Bush: The actress went all out and showed some slinky leg while wearing an orange David Meister Signature dress. She accessorized with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry, Christian Louboutin shoes, and a Daniel Swarovski clutch. If there’s any place to take the fashion plunge — or cut — it was definitely at the 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards after party at the Boom Boom Room in June in New York City.
14. Kristen Stewart: Kristen rocked it and rocked some leg in a gorgeous golden Elie Saab dress with Christian Louboutin shoes at the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 Germany Premiere at CineStar in November, 2012 in Berlin.
13. Jada Pinkett Smith: Jada Pinkett Smith showed just how toned her legs are in a bright orange Atelier Versace gown and Jimmy Choos at the Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted premiere during the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival in May.
12. Carrie Underwood: Did we expect to see Ms. Carrie Underwood’s very shapely leg in her Abed Mahfouz couture chiffon gown at the 47th Annual Academy Of Country Music Awards in Vegas in April, 2012? Not at all, which is what made it even more awesome.
11. Beyonce: Beyonce isn’t just all about being bootylicious. She’s pretty darn leggy as well, as was proved by her gorgeous Stephane Rolland gown at the 2012 BET Awards held in July in L.A. this year!
10. Miranda Kerr: This supermodel has legs for miles, which is what brough her to the number 10 spot on our list. And her bronzed Collette Dinnigan gown showed them off to perfection at the 2012 AACTA Awards in Sydney in July.
8. Kim Kardashian: Kim Kardashian klassed it up at the 2012 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS benefit during the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival in May this year. But not too much, because her mustard Elie Saab gown had a daring double slit that showed off those legs!
7. Nicole Scherzinger: Why hello, Nicole’s leg. Please to meet you. The singer showed off her shapely stems in a Cengiz Abazoğlu dress with Giuseppe Zanotti heels at the U.K. premiere of Men in Black 3 at Odeon Leicester Square in May, 2012 in London.
6. Rihanna: Ri-Ri was all about the leg in her minimal Giorgio Armani custom gown at the Stella McCartney Special Presentation in London in February this year.
5. Nina Dobrev: Nina Dobrev sparkled and showed off major leg through a major slit in her electric Elie Saab gown and Jimmy Choos at the 2012 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS benefit during the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival in May this year. Read more…
Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, joyful Kwanzaa, and — why not? — happy birthday too, while you’re at it! It’s the holiday seasons, folks; the time of year for giving to our nearest and dearest. And for you, dear readers, we could think of no better gift than 100 of the sexiest bikini photos that this year had to offer! We’ve got some of everybody, and we do mean everybody. There might even been one of you in there. We’ve got that many!
Of course this uber-gallery is presided over by Beyonce, who ruled over our 2012 Bikini Awards just like she does with the rest of the known universe. In fact, she was able to defy time and win the coveted award with pics that were (technically) from 2011. That’s the power of Queen Bey! In addition to her, our list is chock-full of other pop queens like Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Lady Gaga, and big-screen A-listers like Scarlett Johansson, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Alba. TV personalities Maria Menounos and Angela Simmons made a strong showing, too. We’ve also got shots from the usual suspects like reality star Kim Kardashian, never-shy Twitter mama Adrianne Curry and Coco, the Patron Saint of Donks.
Some of our very own VH1 stars like Mob Wives’ Drita D’Avanzo and Basketball Wives’ Evelyn Lozada put in an appearance, as did Hunger Games leading lady (and our personal favorite) Jennifer Lawrence. Professional hotties Kate Upton and Brooklyn Decker look straight out of the pages of Sports Illustrated, while Victoria’s Secret Angels Miranda Kerr, Heidi Klum and Adriana Lima are simply heavenly.
So tear off the wrapping paper and dive in to our terrific 2012 retrospective of everyone’s favorite two-piece. Happy Holidays!
“The Big & Best of 2012: A Year End Celebration Presented by T-Mobile” goes LIVE at 12 p.m. ET on 12/12/12. Watch at BigAndBestOf2012.com for eight hours of live performances from stars like Bruno Mars and Miguel, surprise guest appearances, prize giveaways, special editions of “RapFix Live,” “Big Morning Buzz Live,” “MTV After Hours,” “You Oughta Know” and much more!
[Photo: Getty Images/Twitter/Splash News Online]