Michael Phelps‘ reported girlfriend makes a confession, People says Ryan Gosling was not its first choice for 2014′s Sexiest Man Alive, Bradley Cooper‘s ex-wife got married and more First Dibs.
It’s a sad day for Pretty Little Liars star Shay Mitchell. It’s been reported that the actress and her boyfriend have split. Meanwhile, Ben Affleck opens up about doing fully frontal in Gone Girl and Michael Phelps was arrested for a DUI — all that and more in Last Lap.
Who has more gold, Michael Phelps or Lil Wayne? It’s a toss up, although the swimmer’s pieces are at least saliva-free (for now). After winning his twenty-second medal in London, the world’s most decorated Olympian gracefully stepped down from the diving block after the 2012 games. At 27, and with four Olympic games to his name, Phelps was officially retiring, content with heading home and catching up on all of the wonderful HBO dramas he missed during his years of intensive training — or something. Of course that didn’t last. Hold on, has someone been listening to a lot of Jay Z during their warm-ups?
The Olympics may be over, but we’re holding on to memories of cheering on our favorite athletes for dear life. There’s something truly beautiful about the Olympic Games and how it unites a country (and gives us something to talk about in an awkward elevator encounter). We do not want to say goodbye! That’s why we spent today looking for ways to indulge in the games for just a little while longer. Something tells us some of the Games’ breakout stars will never be too far from our radar! For now, here are 10 of our favorite ways to not let go of the 2012 Summer Olympics:
1. Ryan Lochte will be appearing on an upcoming episode of the CW’s 90210. He will cross paths with recently reunited couple Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) and Max (Josh Zuckerman) at a resort, where they are attempting to strengthen their relationship. For his sake, we hope he acts better than he interviews!
2. Have you seen Michael Phelps in the new Louis Vuitton ad? If your answer is “Hmmm I don’t remember…” then no, you haven’t seen it because it is definitely unforgettable! Michael Phelps has proven to be more than just a trendy athlete to love. He overcame a bad reputation and is now only regarded of as the most decorated Olympian of all time.
3. We can’t get enough of the McKayla Maroney Is Not Impressed meme, and we know it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Her unimpressed face photobombs the most perfectly chosen images throughout the day. McKayla got in on the fun when Aly Raisman tweeted this photo of Maroney, Kyla Ross and herself standing outside a closed swimming pool.
Uh-oh, it looks like Michael Phelps beat Ryan Lochte at something else this week. While Lochte is reportedly fielding offers for a reality TV show as he makes his move to Los Angeles, his retired pal Phelps is already set to begin filming his episodes of Golf Channel’s The Haney Project, in which he’ll get tips on improving his game from Tiger Woods’ former coach Hank Haney.
Don’t worry, Ryan. We can give you an extra edge in this (made up) race. We know you’re considering Dancing With the Stars, which has made ballroom dancers out of many an Olympian before, but how about some less predictable choices? Here are our own outlandish ideas:
1. Lochte is a huge Lil’ Wayne fan and tried to wear a diamond American-flag grill on the podium while receiving a gold medal. This makes us hope MTV will up and revive Celebrity Rap Superstar just for him (and maybe Tom Hardy). We’re sure his tooth jewels will make up for any talent shortages he has as a rapper, and we have no doubt it would be wildly entertaining to watch this legend try to drop some beats. We wonder how many times he would throw “Jeah!” into his raps.
Now that Megan Rossee and Michael Phelps are out as a couple — they made their red-carpet debut together yesterday at a Speedo party (of course) — it’s not like there’s any doubt as to what they see in each other. She’s a gorgeous model (and cocktail waitress), and he’s basically got the best body in the world. OK, there are probably less superficial reasons for them to like each other too, but we don’t know those yet. Here’s what we do know … and what others are guessing:
- The 25-year-old Megan and 27-year-old Michael have been dating for either five months or since January. They met at Blok, the L.A. nightclub where she works.
- Though she’s still got to serve drinks to make ends meet, she’s apparently walked in runway shows for Michael Kors and Betsey Johnson.
- She’s 5’9″ tall, blonde and has blue-green eyes, according to her ModelMayhem.com profile. All of which works very well for her in the photos below.
- She went to Omaha to watch Phelps in the Olympic trials.
- She has an athletic background too, if we can judge from this picture of her college soccer friends.
- Radar says “Michael is like a puppy dog around Megan – he’s completely in love with her,” according to a source, and is even considering popping the question. His “friends,” however, are worried that she’s just using him for fame. Well, whether or not that’s the case, it’s certainly working!
Here are some pics of Megan and Michael, so you can judge for yourself how suited they are for each other.
[Photos: Getty Images, ModelMayhem.com, Instagram]
As we mentioned this morning, after seeing Usain Bolt‘s gold-medal celebration, we have certain high expectations for how we’d celebrate Olympic victory … in our heads. But there are all sorts of ways to express your joy over emerging as the greatest person IN THE WORLD at whatever it is you do. We figured we could group them into categories, for convenience sake, as we relive some triumphant — and totally gleeful — moments from the past week and look forward to more in the days to come.
1. By yourself:
Serena Williams caught some flak for doing her little victory dance after clenching her first ever singles gold on Saturday morning — the cute, joyful move has its origins in gang culture and is called the Crip Walk. But we’re pretty sure it’s been removed from that context by now, no?
If there’s anything more amazing than Olympians taking the gold, it’s watching the emotional roller-coasters their parents ride as they compete. The moms and dads — especially this year’s crew — are often more exciting and gut-wrenching to observe than their insanely talented kids. And while many of their reactions are LOL-worthy, they are also deeply touching and often the catalyst for our Olympic-size tears, which occur nightly as we watch really athletic/hardworking humans show off their skills while sitting our couch swimming in a sea of Bugle crumbs.
Check out 18 parental reactions that deserve gold medals below.
It’s been a pretty epic week for Team USA’s Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps. His 19th Olympic medal win makes his record-breaking career incredibly inspiring to those of us whose swimming skills consist of doing the doggy paddle and clinging onto a noodle. While Michael’s swimming abilities have been making us all extremely proud ever since the day he stepped foot in Sydney, Australia’s Olympic pool in 2000 at age 15, his good looks have made us all simultaneously fantasize about, um, taking swimming lessons with him (let’s not get too ahead of ourselves). Since a girl can only dream, we have decided to get to know Michael a little better by taking a journey down his adorable childhood photos that his mother Debbie so kindly put together as part of his page in Towson High School’s 2003 yearbook. If we are going to go on a date with Phelps, we should know more about him than his swimming achievements, right?
Join in on the celebration of Michael Phelps’ Olympic victories by getting acquainted with Michael on a more intimate level. Check out just how adorable he was as a little kid and swimmer-in-training. Caution: You may become even more obsessed with the man, the legend Michael Phelps.
[Photos: Splash News Online]