In “Oh No They Didn’t News”: Barneys Ambassador Simon Doonan has some pretty harsh words for First Lady Michelle Obama. According to Marianne Garvey, Doonan says Obama should not be dressing for the red carpet, that she’s too flashy for a public servant. No one puts FLOTUS in a corner!
New details emerge on Paris Jackson‘s alleged suicide attempt. The Gossip Table has the scoop!
We j’adore Vogue. But the Style Bible has always been a tad reluctant to showcase a black chick on the cover — unless, of course, the chicks in question are Michelle Obama and Beyonce! Read more…
Damn — these two need to take a bow. Y’all know our immense love for Michelle Obama. This writer even shares her birthday with the FLOTUS — bragging rights, holler. We’ve all been so stoked for the historic occasion of President Obama‘s inauguration, which went down yesterday, and we have to admit, one of the reasons we were so excited was to see what Michelle would wear. Best-dressed First Lady, ever. Can we just say, Mrs. Obama did not disappoint at all. She rocked it in the stunning red chiffon and velvet Jason Wu gown you see on the left. We literally broke into rapturous applause when we saw her. Kimberly McDonald custom jewelry and Jimmy Choo’s complete the look. But the first lady wasn’t the onlylady in red at the evening. The fabulous Ms. Alicia Keys also performed at the ball wearing a red crystal embellished Michael Kors Fall 2012 gown with that gorgeous bare-back adding that necessary hint of sexy. Terrific looks, so you know we’re going to have to put this to a vote, right? Come on, hit an option and let us know what you’re thinking!
[Photos: Getty Images]
We’re a little nervous writing this post, because we’re scared that if we showed a little too much interest in the fab style and lovely looks of Michelle Obama, we’re going to get some kind of FBI file opened up on us. We don’t want to push Barack’s jealousy button! And we’re not going to reveal her age either, because that would definitely land us in some kind of federal prison. But today is our beloved first lady’s birthday, and we wanted to do something special to mark to occasion. That’s why we’ve gotten together our 20 favorite fierce styles of our flawless first female of fashion! From elegant evening wear at state functions, all the way through to presiding over the White House Easter egg hunt, Michelle has always lead the nation in awesome attire. Happy birthday, Michelle! Sorry we couldn’t have something cooler like jets flying in formation. Maybe next year!
[Photo: Getty Images]
Maybe we just have baby bumps on the brain (OK, we definitely do), but after
As we travel home, hop into our elastic Thanksgiving pants and proceed to inhale turkey over the next week before passing out on the sofa with the football game on, we must take a time to pause and reflect. What are we thankful for? What makes us happy, and how can we improve ourselves for the upcoming year as 2012 comes to a close? Though there are still a couple of days before Thanksgiving, I already began to ponder these thoughts. Yes, I love my family. Yes, I adore my friends. But what am I really thankful for? Four more years of Sasha and Malia Obama in the White House!
Whatever your politics may be, you can’t deny that the 11- and 14-year-old daughters of Barack and Michelle Obama are adorable. From the intellect they’ve inherited from their brilliant parents to their keen fashion senses, the first daughters are role models and destined for greatness themselves. Here are four reasons why I love the Obama girls and why I’m looking forward to spending four more years with them:
1. We’re Watching Them Grow Up – Sasha and Malia were just 7 and 10 when they entered the White House, and four more years of an Obama presidency means Malia will be 18 and Sasha will be 15 by the time Obama’s term is complete. Thus, some of their most formative years and milestones will be spent at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Lucky for us, we’ll hopefully get to share some of these experiences with them. In the next several years, Malia will be taking driving lessons, going on college tours, and dare we say, dating? We can’t wait to see a photo of the Secret Service accompanying Malia and a Sidwell student to dinner and a movie.
Barack Obama wasn’t the only winner of yesterday’s election day — and we’re not just talking about all those congresspeople and local officials who were elected. People were as glued to their laptops as they were to the TV, naturally, and their comments and retweets voted a number of other people, memes and causes into our hearts. Here are 10 more of the night’s victors:
1. Obama’s social media team, whose elated “Four more years” tweet became the most shared post in Twitter history, according to Mediabistro.
2. Diane Sawyer, whose loopy behavior and slurred speech was immediately a trending topic on Twitter, making many a CNN loyalist switch over to ABC. Hey, we were all drowning our nerves in alcohol, so we could totally identify.
We would have had this up sooner, friends, but we were a little distracted by the Mitt Romney-inspired Binders Full of Women Tumblr (personal favorite: all the Beyonce “put three rings on it” jokes). Thank you, Internet. Still what really caught our eye during last night’s presidential debate was the fact that Michelle Obama and Ann Romney wore the exact same shade of hot pink. Some suggested that this was a nod to Breast Cancer Awareness month, but it might also simply be a case of both ladies deciding to hop onboard a good trend. The shade looks good on both ladies, and it’s so refreshing that they’re not sticking to conventional reds and blues. We also rather like the vintage-inspired cuts of both dresses, though it was unfortunate that Romney’s dress suffered a bit from her seated position — as many dresses are apt to do.
Let’s put politics aside for a sec and look at these objectively — who wore her hot-pink dress better?
We try not to get too political here, unless we’re talking about American Idol politics or Lindsay Lohan vs. Amanda Bynes. But some days you just can’t ignore major political events (and, no, we’re not talking about tonight’s presidential debate between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama). Today mark’s the 20th anniversary of POTUS and FLOTUS (that’s First Lady Michelle Obama to you) totally and completely committing themselves to one another in matrimony. Now, in politics long marriages aren’t uncommon (even if cheating scandals abound), but in Hollywood years, these two have been married for eons. So to celebrate one of the couples who have restored our faith in the sanctity of marriage, we’ve compiled a gallery of their 20 best-looking moments. Because let’s face it: true love is based on how good you look together, right?
[Photos: Getty Images]
It’s that time of the year again. The leaves are going to start turning soon. Wardrobes are too, to accommodate the changing seasonal trends. It’s a tricky path though, because there’s so much information out there. What we’ve done is gleaned the top 10 trends out of all the tomes of “what to wear” out there and put them on the list. More than anything, these are the 10 trends that our fashion-forward celebrities have been wearing out and about, on magazine covers, in campaigns and for various events and premieres.
1. Burgundy: The plum shade for fall. Anna Wintour put Lady Gaga on the cover of Vogue‘s September issue, so you know it’s a big one for the season.
2. Oversized Coats: Another massive trend this season, be certain that your coat is big enough so it looks voluminous and chic, but not big enough so that you look lost in. Make sure you’re wearing it, and it’s not wearing you. Ashley Olsen got it right on the subscriber cover of Elle UK!
3. Monochrome: This fall trend can be worn in many avatars. Celebrities like Rihanna, Chloe Sevigny and Victoria Beckham have channeled monochrome into different looks — funky, mod and classic. So can you.
4. Modern Country/ Americana: Taylor Swift‘s Vogue cover got this trend spot on. Oversized hats, chunky knits, tweeds have been revived into modern silhouettes. It’s the new nostalgia. Think lots of Rodarte!
5. Capes: When Gwyneth Paltrow wore that white Tom Ford cape and gown to the Academy Awards, there was a collective gasp of … something. Then Lana del Rey wore one to the Met Ball to approval because people started getting used to the idea of capes. Kim Kardashian even wore one in Paris. Yup, it’s big. Read more…