Did Anne Hathaway keep her sexy blonde hair? What secrets did the Star Trek Into Darkness cast reveal to MTV News? And will Cinderella‘s live action Prince Charming be a familiar King in the North?
This one’s going to be a hard choice to lock down, peeps. At least it was for us, which is why we’re putting it up for a vote. It was wonderful to see pops of hot pink on the SAG Awards red carpet last night, especially on three such lovely ladies who pull off the color so well. We’ll start with Lea Michele. We’re not too keen on the ombre hair — a trend we really wish would go away — but fell for the drama that was her fuchsia Valentino Resort 2013 ball gown. It’s different from the usual super sexy, thigh-high slit Lea that we know and not-often love. So this chic, pull-back look was a welcome change. Jimmy Choo heels and Jennifer Mayer jewelry finished the outfit quite nicely. Next up, we have sartorial favorite, Freida Pinto. The actress wore a stunning flouro-pink Roland Mouret gown, that draped in a column around her like a boss. The black belt at the waist was the perfect touch, as was the soft styling of the vintage hair. Now, if you twisted our arm and forced to pick our look for the evening, then we’d have to admit that Nina Dobrev has inched ahead. This hot pink Elie Saab Spring 2013 gown with the ever-so-subtle cutouts is possibly one of the best looks the actress has ever worn, period. Take a bow, Nina. Actually, take a bow, all three of you. Now, all that’s left to be seen is your vote!
[Photos: Getty Images]
Did you check out our exhaustive coverage of the Golden Globes yesterday? We’re hoping you did! We thought we’d give you a tiny break from all the information and wait till you came back refreshed. Because after any awards show, you know there’s going to be a mad after-party. One of the biggest ones that went down was the “ Warner Brothers Instyle Golden Globe Party” which seemed to be the really hot ticket for the night. Because pretty much all of young — and yes, hot — Hollywood showed up in droves. You’ll be able to see all the faces and the gorgeous dresses in our gallery below, of course. Julianne Hough wore a pink Jenny Packham gown which we far preferred to her Golden Globes Monique Lhuillier poufball. Conversely, we prefer Kelly Osbourne‘s Golden Globes Zac Posen gown to the fussy lavender dress (by the same designer) worn to this party. Freida Pinto wore a sequined Antonio Berardi Spring 2013 sheath, while Selena Gomez upped the hardware with a gold Atlier Versace minidress. Her bestie, Vanessa Hudgens also went for metallics wearing a Jenny Packham black sequin, long-sleeved gown with heavily embellished gold shoulders. Ashley Tisdale went in the opposite direction wearing a minimal blush colored Issa column which looked lovely on her. She accessorized with an L.K. Bennett ‘Alexia’ clutch and Jerome C. Rousseau strappy sandals. Nina Dobrev was lady-like in a 50′s inspired icy blue Oscar de la Renta frock. Enjoy the pictures!
[Photos: Splash News Online]
So, we’ve got definitive best-dressed and worst-dressed lists at the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards last night, but the biggest list for the night are the fashion in-betweeners. Some serious A-Listers showed up to the event and they were almost quite there on the most-fabulous round-up, had there not been some sartorial slip-ups. We hate including Emily Blunt on this list because her cream Miu Miu dress was stunning especially with the crystal neckline. We loved the retro curls and the red lips. But we just can’t reconcile with her Prada heels that feel far too clunky. They even make the length of the dress feel wrong. Nina Dobrev wore a turquoise metallic, fully embellished Monique Lhuillier Spring 2013 cocktail dress with amazo Brian Atwood ‘Evie’ heels, which we love. But the frock feels like something Lt. Uhura would wear to a Star Trek mixer. Then there’s Jessica Chastain‘s Prada gown with the crystal neckline worn with Jimmy Choo ‘Tease’ sandals and Harry Winston jewels. The bodice seems ill-fitted, plus while the gown is meant to pop, she somehow tones it down to a more vanilla vibe. Amy Adams is gorgeous in her Vionnet gown but the ruffles at the waist just don’t do it for us. The same applies for Eva Longoria and her Monique Lhuillier. She wears the designer so often that it’s just too safe now. Pretty, but wholly unremarkable. While Leslie Mann‘s Honor Spring 2013 pink frock is lovely and girly … there’s just too much pink in this look. Pink lips, pink Tiffany clutch, pink Jimmy Choo ‘Fitch’ ankle-strap heels — too, too much for us. Even though the frock is a lacy dream. Octavia Spencer is rocking the navy Tadashi Shoji dress. But those bangs need to go, or be swept aside. A more adventurous shoe — hers matched the dress too perfectly — would be appreciated. And lastly, Emmy Rossum’s Carolina Herrera Pre-Fall 2013 gown feels far too princessy and saccharine. We think Emmy retreats into this style bracket too often, and the odd now and then that she busts out is freakin’ fabulous. So we’re not going to encourage safe Emmy anymore — but only because we love her and don’t want to be enablers!
[Photos: Getty Images]
Back in September, Nina Dobrev told us that she plans on playing a teenager for as long as she can, and we think the Vampire Diaries star, who turns 24 today, can do that for at least a couple more years. On the other hand, now that we’ve seen her play not one but two undead vixens on TVD, she’s going to have a hard time convincing anyone she’s an innocent young thing. Especially not after all those smoldering onscreen looks between her and real-life boyfriend Ian Somerhalder. Not that this should be a loss — after all, she must be having so much more fun now than as a weak human cheerleader. And not that we’re jealous of her or anything.
Let’s all wish Nina a happy birthday as we browse through her 24 most seductive looks.
After watching Spider-Man: The Animated Series in 1997, we decided Venom and Mary Jane Watson were actually a better couple than Mary Jane and Spider-Man, and we haven’t looked back since. In case you’re new to the Internet, pretty much every TV show, movie or otherwise fictional couple has a huge fan base swooning over their relationship. It might be a well-established couple or the characters might have met once to sign for a UPS package, it doesn’t matter. Someone is obsessed with them declaring their eternal love. This is a phenomenon known as shipping, and it is 75% of the reason anyone even knows about Twilight.
Maybe we just spent too much time on Tumblr over the last twelve months (we really, really did!), but 2012 seemed like a year where shipping was front and center. From New Girl to Sherlock, everywhere we looked shippers were building onto the fictional universes they loved, mostly with smooching. So we decided to pay homage to the most passionately shipped relationships of this year as part of our Best of 2012. Don’t see your favorite couple? We probably just didn’t know about them yet, so inform us in the comments! 2013 is almost upon us and we want to feel that Venom/Mary Jane feeling again!
Sexy, often scandalous, and forever sensational — throw in a thigh-high slit into your gown and you’re going to get completely eyeballed. The more daring the cut, the more looks it’s going to get, so you know that celebrities love this major red carpet trend. 2012 has been the year for thigh-baring gown slits as our stars went all out to show as much leg as possible. Most of your most beloved ladies and ours opted for the style, so we decided to pick the top 15 most incredible leggy gown moments and rank them. We’ll start with number 15 and work our way up to numero uno. Of course, all the photographs, numbered accordingly, are in the gallery below, so have a look and a read and tell us whether we got it right in the comments section.
15. Sophia Bush: The actress went all out and showed some slinky leg while wearing an orange David Meister Signature dress. She accessorized with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry, Christian Louboutin shoes, and a Daniel Swarovski clutch. If there’s any place to take the fashion plunge — or cut — it was definitely at the 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards after party at the Boom Boom Room in June in New York City.
14. Kristen Stewart: Kristen rocked it and rocked some leg in a gorgeous golden Elie Saab dress with Christian Louboutin shoes at the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 Germany Premiere at CineStar in November, 2012 in Berlin.
13. Jada Pinkett Smith: Jada Pinkett Smith showed just how toned her legs are in a bright orange Atelier Versace gown and Jimmy Choos at the Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted premiere during the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival in May.
12. Carrie Underwood: Did we expect to see Ms. Carrie Underwood’s very shapely leg in her Abed Mahfouz couture chiffon gown at the 47th Annual Academy Of Country Music Awards in Vegas in April, 2012? Not at all, which is what made it even more awesome.
11. Beyonce: Beyonce isn’t just all about being bootylicious. She’s pretty darn leggy as well, as was proved by her gorgeous Stephane Rolland gown at the 2012 BET Awards held in July in L.A. this year!
10. Miranda Kerr: This supermodel has legs for miles, which is what brough her to the number 10 spot on our list. And her bronzed Collette Dinnigan gown showed them off to perfection at the 2012 AACTA Awards in Sydney in July.
8. Kim Kardashian: Kim Kardashian klassed it up at the 2012 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS benefit during the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival in May this year. But not too much, because her mustard Elie Saab gown had a daring double slit that showed off those legs!
7. Nicole Scherzinger: Why hello, Nicole’s leg. Please to meet you. The singer showed off her shapely stems in a Cengiz Abazoğlu dress with Giuseppe Zanotti heels at the U.K. premiere of Men in Black 3 at Odeon Leicester Square in May, 2012 in London.
6. Rihanna: Ri-Ri was all about the leg in her minimal Giorgio Armani custom gown at the Stella McCartney Special Presentation in London in February this year.
5. Nina Dobrev: Nina Dobrev sparkled and showed off major leg through a major slit in her electric Elie Saab gown and Jimmy Choos at the 2012 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS benefit during the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival in May this year. Read more…
It’s been about 19 hours, and I’m still kind of reeling from the last scene of last night’s Vampire Diaries. As I saw someone tweet last night, as I was freaking out over the devastatingly quiet breakup of Stefan and Elena, the Gilberts’ porch is kept clean by tears. Even as a firm believer in Delena — which, how could you not be this season? — Paul Wesley’s performance had me tearing up and temporarily switching allegiance. (But so help me, Julie Plec, if you turn Elena back into a boring human, I will hunt you down.) The other thing that struck me about this moment was how well it fit into the show’s time-honored tradition of changing the game, or plucking our hearts out, in the last five minutes of the show, leaving us breathing heavily and pounding our fists on the couch as the title card floats onto the screen.
Here are some of our other favorite last-scene reveals:
“Founder’s Day,” Season 1: Damon kisses Elena ever so tenderly on the cheek, we squeeeeee, and then suddenly realize that it’s not Elena at all but Katherine, who then turns around and stabs John Gilbert.
“Rose,” Season 2: Damon confesses his love to Elena and then compels her to forget his confession. TEARS.
“As I Lay Dying,” Season 2: After all sorts of terrible Klaus-related tragedies, Jeremy returns home from the dead, accompanied by his two deceased ex-girlfriends.
“1912,” Season 3: Meredith reveals that Alaric has been the one murdering council members.
“The Departed,” Season 3: Meredith, deliverer of surprises, reveals that Elena had vampire blood in her when she died, and then Elena wakes up.
This is just a small sampling, of course, culled from my memory. But I’d love to hear from you about your fave last-minute TVD moments. And am I the only one who almost ALWAYS gets interrupted in the middle of the last scene? God bless DVRs.
[Photo: The CW]
Though I find Stefan’s self-help guru speeches on The Vampire Diaries to be a bit on the cloying side, he kind of has a point about Elena: She needs to enjoy herself more now that she’s one of them. And as she starts to realize that herself (and thankfully, no one uttered the phrase “heightened emotions” once during last night’s episode), we’re having a lot more fun watching her. The victimized little orphan of seasons past is making room for a much cooler girl who is not to be messed with. Here are 5 things that we love so much more about Elena 2.0.
1. She gets to make that scary veiny, black-eyed hiss face (above) a lot these days.
2. She’s got a toy boy of her own now. While she pretends to have resolved her Salvatore love triangle, it’s looking like her lust for ex-boyfriend Matt is a fun little thing on the side, too. They even met at their old makeout spot! Read more…
There was a while when The Vampire Diaries did its best to keep us just as torn between Salvatore brothers as Elena herself was (and Katherine before her!). We were equally in love with Stefan’s sweet nature (not to mention those perfectly sculpted shoulders), as we were with Damon’s wry humor and piercing eyes. Not so much, anymore. Elena said she chose Stefan once and for all last week — but her rationale was super shaky. She chose him because he would have saved Matt first, whereas Damon would have ignored her wishes and saved her? The path of “good” can only take you so far, hon. By last night’s “Memorial,” we were convinced that Kevin Williamson, Julie Plec and company are going to spend a lot of time building the case for Elena to change her mind. Here’s how:
1. Oh, god, that scene of Elena drinking his blood nearly gave us a heart attack. The chemistry between Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder CANNOT be hidden.
2. Damon’s no longer the voice of unchecked impulses but of reason. “Vampires eat people. It’s part of the natural food pyramid,” he says. Stefan’s so intent on protecting Elena from his own “Ripper” fate, he’s blind to the consequences.