Everyone knows that the high school prom is the greatest most important day of your life! Or at least one of them. Definitely in the top 10 days…or 20. Right guys? Maybe not, but it would probably make the top 100, though. Perhaps? OK, but we can all agree that prom is definitely a day in your life. Unless you didn’t go. In which case, that’s cool too.*
Yes, it’s true: Prom is kind of lame. It’s just a fact. No matter how great the DJ, our big nights NEVER matched up to the epic spring flings we saw in the movies. Those on-screen nights filled with young romance, snazzy outfits, cool cars, great music, choreographed dancing and underdogs coming out on top set our hearts on fire and our imaginations into flight. Our Mens Warehouse tux and awkward slow-dancing to Edwin McCain just couldn’t compare. But in honor of prom season, we’ve decided to revisit some cinematic proms that were wayyyy more memorable than our own.
A welcome surprise for fans of Dexter, Jason Bateman and Will Arnett take their bromance to the next level, and Kim Kardashian gets support about her baby weight, all in today’s Last Lap.
Today is an important and auspicious day: Robert Pattinson‘s 27th birthday. Our love for Robert Pattinson’s good looks are only matched by our adoration for all the amazing hairstyles he’s sported over the past 27 years.
Where can you see brand new photos of Ryan Gosling in his new film? What is Amanda Bynes accessorizing with now? And which former co-worker is Robert Pattinson reuniting with?
Is Robert Pattinson getting ready to dump Kristen Stewart? How did Carey Mulligan become the “belle” of Tiffany’s Blue Book Ball? And is Glee nearing its end?
Kristen Stewart has a well known sneaker obsession, but we think it’s all just a ploy to draw attention to her extremely high hemlines. On top of her acting skills, zillions of Twilight bucks, and (let’s not forget) Robert Pattinson, K-Stew is in possession of one of the greatest pairs of runway-worthy legs in the business. And to paraphrase the immortal words of ZZ Top, this girl knows how to use ‘em!
Does Megan Fox‘s baby boy take after her in the looks department? What did Ryan Gosling reveal about The Place Beyond The Pines‘s strange inspiration? And is it trouble in paradise for Meryl Streep‘s daughter? All this in today’s First Dibs.
Why is Ryan Gosling taking a break from acting? Who’s the biggest diva on this season of American Idol? Plus, a new trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness has hit the web that shows more of the movie and more of Alice Eve than we’ve seen before.
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are #1! Well, of course, you knew that already, but the latest way they’re on top is a rather convoluted (are there any other kind) list from Forbes: “Hollywood’s Highest-Grossing Romantic Couples.” To come up with this list, the magazine calculated domestic box-office grosses from romantic movies in the past three years. That meant that the Twilight stars were the only ones with more than one movie in the mix. (Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth landed at #4 with only the second Sex and the City movie counted.)
So, yeah, the numbers feel a little awkward, but Twilight’s $3 billion gross (in more than the past three years) was bound to trump the others no matter how you twist things. Plus, it’s a fun list to look at. Here are the rankings:
1. Rob and Kristen, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn Parts 1 and 2, $1.17 billion
2. Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams, The Vow, $125 million
3. Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler, Just Go With It, $103 million
4. Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth, Sex and the City 2, $95 million
5. Julianne Moore and Steve Carell, Crazy, Stupid, Love., $84 million
6. Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried, Dear John, $80 million
7. Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher, No Strings Attached, $71 million
8. Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus, The Last Song, $63 million
9. Zac Efron and Taylor Schilling, The Lucky One, $60 million
10. Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon, Water for Elephants, $59 million.
[Photos: Getty Images]
Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are splitting up, back together, having a baby, moving to Mars … the variety of conflicting rumors we’ve heard about them in the past two weeks is staggering. It’s impossible to tell if any of these are remotely believable, since they all come from “sources,” but we thought we’d round the latest ones up for your amusement, or so you can have an excuse to make the kind of exasperated faces Rob and Kristen are making in the photo above.
1. Rob and Kristen are fighting nonstop and he broke off their relationship just before the Golden Globes. This comes from The Sun, which says, “She flew to L.A. and was supposed to be Rob’s date for the Golden Globes, but he told her he wants to cool it off. He loves her but would rather go back to being good friends so they can rebuild their trust and focus on work after Twilight.” It’s also building off an earlier Life & Style report on their fighting: “Rob is at a point where he sometimes ignores her.
He’ll go out and won’t respond to her calls or texts right away.”
2. But hold on a second, Kristen and Rob were spotted together on the night of the Globes. “Wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and a backward baseball cap, Bella met Robert at Tina & Amy’s private after-party at the Soho House in WeHo!” Perez Hilton reported. She was supposedly a no-show at the ceremony because she was afraid Tina Fey and Amy Poehler would crack jokes at her expense.