There’s nothing worse than when your favorite television show starts to decline. We can expect changes to a series when a major character dies, or when creators decide to take a jump in the timeline. But feeling dissatisfied after putting in hours and hours should be illegal.
Do you enjoy watching beautiful people cry about their problems? Clear some space on your DVR and put the next few episodes of House of Cards on the back burner. You’ve got some serious binge-watching to do.
High school is hard for anyone, and yet television is the one place that can make us feel lucky we don’t have the weight of the world, old-money familial expectations or supernatural super powers on our shoulders. The last 25 years have seen highly addicting soap operas for the teenage set–as dangerous to one’s mental health as Jessie Spano’s caffeine pills. These shows are usually delivered in prime-time, with accompanying soundtracks to deepen your connection, and then-unknown guest stars whose eventual stardom will justify those past viewing decisions.
Tonight, it’s up to One Tree Hill alumna Sophia Bush to keep the jokes rolling and the celebrities in check for the wild and crazy celebration of philanthropy that is the Do Something Awards. To kick things off, we have this sneak peek at her cold open, a nod to an iconic teen moment from another era, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, now co-starring Community’s Danny Pudi.
Celebrity presenters will join actress Sophia Bush to celebrate the people who are improving our communities at this year’s Do Something Awards.
Did you check out our exhaustive coverage of the Golden Globes yesterday? We’re hoping you did! We thought we’d give you a tiny break from all the information and wait till you came back refreshed. Because after any awards show, you know there’s going to be a mad after-party. One of the biggest ones that went down was the ” Warner Brothers Instyle Golden Globe Party” which seemed to be the really hot ticket for the night. Because pretty much all of young — and yes, hot — Hollywood showed up in droves. You’ll be able to see all the faces and the gorgeous dresses in our gallery below, of course. Julianne Hough wore a pink Jenny Packham gown which we far preferred to her Golden Globes Monique Lhuillier poufball. Conversely, we prefer Kelly Osbourne‘s Golden Globes Zac Posen gown to the fussy lavender dress (by the same designer) worn to this party. Freida Pinto wore a sequined Antonio Berardi Spring 2013 sheath, while Selena Gomez upped the hardware with a gold Atlier Versace minidress. Her bestie, Vanessa Hudgens also went for metallics wearing a Jenny Packham black sequin, long-sleeved gown with heavily embellished gold shoulders. Ashley Tisdale went in the opposite direction wearing a minimal blush colored Issa column which looked lovely on her. She accessorized with an L.K. Bennett ‘Alexia’ clutch and Jerome C. Rousseau strappy sandals. Nina Dobrev was lady-like in a 50′s inspired icy blue Oscar de la Renta frock. Enjoy the pictures!
[Photos: Splash News Online]
Sexy, often scandalous, and forever sensational — throw in a thigh-high slit into your gown and you’re going to get completely eyeballed. The more daring the cut, the more looks it’s going to get, so you know that celebrities love this major red carpet trend. 2012 has been the year for thigh-baring gown slits as our stars went all out to show as much leg as possible. Most of your most beloved ladies and ours opted for the style, so we decided to pick the top 15 most incredible leggy gown moments and rank them. We’ll start with number 15 and work our way up to numero uno. Of course, all the photographs, numbered accordingly, are in the gallery below, so have a look and a read and tell us whether we got it right in the comments section.
15. Sophia Bush: The actress went all out and showed some slinky leg while wearing an orange David Meister Signature dress. She accessorized with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry, Christian Louboutin shoes, and a Daniel Swarovski clutch. If there’s any place to take the fashion plunge — or cut — it was definitely at the 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards after party at the Boom Boom Room in June in New York City.
14. Kristen Stewart: Kristen rocked it and rocked some leg in a gorgeous golden Elie Saab dress with Christian Louboutin shoes at the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 Germany Premiere at CineStar in November, 2012 in Berlin.
13. Jada Pinkett Smith: Jada Pinkett Smith showed just how toned her legs are in a bright orange Atelier Versace gown and Jimmy Choos at the Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted premiere during the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival in May.
12. Carrie Underwood: Did we expect to see Ms. Carrie Underwood’s very shapely leg in her Abed Mahfouz couture chiffon gown at the 47th Annual Academy Of Country Music Awards in Vegas in April, 2012? Not at all, which is what made it even more awesome.
11. Beyonce: Beyonce isn’t just all about being bootylicious. She’s pretty darn leggy as well, as was proved by her gorgeous Stephane Rolland gown at the 2012 BET Awards held in July in L.A. this year!
10. Miranda Kerr: This supermodel has legs for miles, which is what brough her to the number 10 spot on our list. And her bronzed Collette Dinnigan gown showed them off to perfection at the 2012 AACTA Awards in Sydney in July.
8. Kim Kardashian: Kim Kardashian klassed it up at the 2012 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS benefit during the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival in May this year. But not too much, because her mustard Elie Saab gown had a daring double slit that showed off those legs!
7. Nicole Scherzinger: Why hello, Nicole’s leg. Please to meet you. The singer showed off her shapely stems in a Cengiz Abazoğlu dress with Giuseppe Zanotti heels at the U.K. premiere of Men in Black 3 at Odeon Leicester Square in May, 2012 in London.
6. Rihanna: Ri-Ri was all about the leg in her minimal Giorgio Armani custom gown at the Stella McCartney Special Presentation in London in February this year.
5. Nina Dobrev: Nina Dobrev sparkled and showed off major leg through a major slit in her electric Elie Saab gown and Jimmy Choos at the 2012 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS benefit during the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival in May this year. Read more…
Feast your eyes on these three lovely ladies. Cobie Smulders, Sophia Bush and Natalie Martinez look pretty awesome at the CBS Fall Premiere Party held at the Greystone Manor in L.A. last night. Cobie wore a cream dress with skyscraper black pumps with a pop of cherry lipstick. Sophia wore a backless, olive mini dress with what seem to be Christian Louboutin pumps — the red soles give them away. Natalie wore a very feminine lace overlay taupe sheath with matching pumps. It would take a lot to overshadow this trio but one very dashing man managed to do just that. We know, who would have thought it, right? Look below and be amazed.
Why, hello there, Michael Weatherly. The NCIS star seemed to be in a, how do we put this politely … jubilant mood? There were some Vegas showgirls at the event and they were in full costumes which included feathers,of course. Weatherly totally thought he could overshadow the showgirls and go the feathers and proceeded to do what you see above. All in good fun, sure, but he looks completely nuts. And this may be in poor taste, but he looks like the NBC peacock (after a few drinks) in the picture on the left!
[Photos: Splash News Online]
We all get by with a little help from our friends, but celebs even more so. After all, Hollywood is a tough biz, and the only way to survive the ups and downs of Tinseltown is by surrounding yourself with a few true pals who will stick by your side in good times as well as during the bumps and slumps. We’ve long loved the enduring bond Oprah Winfrey and her BFF Gayle King share, and got teary-eyed this awards season watching Busy Phillips escort her nominated pal Michelle Williams to every event in town. And who can resist dudes like Tom Sturridge and Robert Pattinson and Jay-Z and Kanye West, who are always on hand to support each other’s personal and professional triumphs?
And then there are gals like Snooki and J-Woww, who have stuck by each other from day one in the Jersey Shore house. Through booze, bitch slaps, anonymous note-leaving, Vinny sex and drunken fights on the streets of Italy, they’ve never left each other’s side. The girls have a new reality show premiering tonight on MTV chronicling — what else? — the ups and downs of their friendship. In honor of their unbreakable bond, we’ve got 35 of the Most Adorable Celebrity Besties in the gallery below. Have a fave pair? Shout ‘em out in the comments.
What’s young Hollywood without young, hot Hollywood right? Keeping that in mind, the Young Hollywood Awards took place last night at the Hollywood Athletic Club and paid homage to all the young stars who have created a massive buzz already in the span of their relatively shorter careers. Ashley Greene led the troupe, looking absolutely gorgeous in a black Donna Karan corset and cropped black pencil pants. Donna Karan is the actress’ go-to red carpet dresser, considering Ashley is the face of DKNY. Also looking ah-maizing was Ginnifer Goodwin who wore a sexy, yet lady-like, lacy white Monique Lhuillier dress which she accessorized with Christian Louboutin studded pumps, Jennifer Meyer earrings, and a studded Edie Parker clutch. Love the matte raspberry lips as well. Big win for Ginny G.
We’re also so happy that we spotted Hailee Steinfeld after ages. Where ya been, gurl? (Other than shooting Ender’s Game, of course.) Also, was she always this tall or does the outfit elongate her? She wore silver a Prabal Gurung top and pants with an Edie Parker clutch, like Ginnifer, but with a House of Lavande bracelet, and Brian Atwood shoes. Can’t say anyone else could pull of that amount of shiny silver, but Hailee sure can. Could Cody Horn smile a little more, please? We actually like her Marios Schwab burgundy dress and strappy Rupert Sanderson heels, but the sour face has got to go! Making up for her in the sunshine department was Sophia Bush who wore a chevron-printed Herve Leger, which thankfully, was not as skin tight as most starlets like to wear the label. Got to love her classic Christian Louboutin “Pigalle” pumps and her “lips” clutch by Lulu Guinness too. There’s more, but you’re going to have to get to our gallery to take a look.
[Photos: Splash News Online]