Victoria, British Columbia, Nelly Furtado‘s hometown, has given the promicuous girl her own day. Sounds just like Jennifer Hudson, doesn?t it? (Actually, sounds more like basketball star Steve Nash – the Victoria-raised Phoenix Suns MVP was similarly honored last year.) Nelly will be present at today’s ceremony, and then, later tonight, will kick off a nine-date Canadian tour. At the celebration, meanwhile, a troupe of high-schoolers from the singer’s alma mater will dance a choreographed routine to her music. Later, everyone will wear pigtails, fly like a bird, eat granola bars, and get funky with Timbaland beats. Just kidding about that last part. Tells us how would YOU would celebrate Nelly Day.
- Go With The Evenflow: Metal’s 10 Biggest Grunge Makeovers | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- The Most Outrageous Rock Star Tattoos Of 2013 | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- 15 Talented Artists Gone Too Soon | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- The Most Shocking Murders In Rock History | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Looks That Kill: Nikki Sixx Of Motley Crue’s Most Outrageous Rock Star Fashions | Music News + Gossi