British firebrand and neo-ska star Lily Allen has cancelled most of her current American tour. According to a post on her MySpace page, she?s not really feeling it: ?I am tired, but, more than that, I don?t think I have been giving my best performances recently. I have been getting really drunk because I?ve been so nervous about doing bad shows, and I don?t want people spending money on going to see a show that isn?t the best it could be.? Die-hards will still be able to see Allen perform at a few dates, Coachella and Bonnaroo among them, but her tour?s been truncated. In not-unrelated news, other burgeoning British female artists Lady Sovereign and Amy Winehouse have each had problems with live appearances lately: the former cancelling her U.K. tour because of exhaustion, the latter cancelling selected dates in various countries for a variety of reasons, poor girl. What?s up, Brits? Too much touring? Or too much infighting?
- 15 Unlikely Metal Covers You Wouldn’t Expect To Rock (But Totally Do)! | Music News + Gossip | VH1 M
- 12 Artists Who Died During A Performance | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Most Explosive Rock Love Triangles | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- The Stories Behind Numbers In Famous Band Names | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Who Has The Best Boy Band Abs Of All Time? | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music