British firebrand and neo-ska star Lily Allen has cancelled most of her current American tour. According to a post on her MySpace page, she?s not really feeling it: ?I am tired, but, more than that, I don?t think I have been giving my best performances recently. I have been getting really drunk because I?ve been so nervous about doing bad shows, and I don?t want people spending money on going to see a show that isn?t the best it could be.? Die-hards will still be able to see Allen perform at a few dates, Coachella and Bonnaroo among them, but her tour?s been truncated. In not-unrelated news, other burgeoning British female artists Lady Sovereign and Amy Winehouse have each had problems with live appearances lately: the former cancelling her U.K. tour because of exhaustion, the latter cancelling selected dates in various countries for a variety of reasons, poor girl. What?s up, Brits? Too much touring? Or too much infighting?
- The 25 Craziest Bras In Music History | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Girl-On-Girl Kisses In Pop Music: Sexy Or Just For Show? | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- 20 Awesome Unreleased Beatles Recordings We Want Issued | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music - Page 6
- A Complete Guide To Miley Cyrus' Onstage PDAs | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Classic Rock + Heavy Metal News | VH1