Rumors of an upcoming Queen biopic began percolating late last year. This morning our inside sources are saying that Sacha Baron Cohen has been tapped to play the band?s sadly deceased frontman, Freddie Mercury. Said someone close to the film, "Sacha loves the idea he can get away with playing Freddie after modeling Borat’s look on him." That would mean that Borat beat out Johnny Depp to play the charismatic rock god who died of AIDS-related complications in 1991. Of course, it behooves us to note that this news comes from U.K. tabloid The Daily Mirror, a publication so salacious it makes TMZ look like The New Yorker. As yet there?s no word on whether or not Queen guitarist Brian May will be played by Ken Davitian, aka Aazmat, Borat?s naked wrestling partner. Dream on, you little dreamers.
- Lorde Bikini Photos, Lorde Wearing A Bikini | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- When Rockers Attack: On Stage Fights + Band Beatdowns Caught On Film! | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Mu
- A Guide To Taylor Swift's Many "Best" Friends | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Happy Birthday, Hov! 44 Pics Of Jay Z And Beyonce Being ‘Crazy In Love’ | Music News + Gossip | VH1
- 13 Biggest Comebacks Of 2013 | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music