Amy Lee‘s back from her honeymoon, and she’s pissed. Writing on her band’s official message board, Evanescence‘s lead singer is finally discussing the departure of her former bandmates. After two weeks away, Lee says she returned home to find "I was unable to defend myself for a week and was taken advantage of quite a bit." Lee then shares with her fans her version of Rocky Gray and John LeCompte‘s departure, claiming they were "miserable" and planning to leave, and that she simply relieved them of their duties a little sooner than they’d anticipated. "I treated both John and Rocky with nothing but kindness and respect, and I got nothing but jealousy and resentment in return…I love this band too much to see it driven into the ground." This is not the first time the band’s had some personnel issues. In 2003 LeCompt took over after co-founder Ben Moody suddenly quit, due to a rift with Lee.
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The 5 Most Impactful Anti-Apartheid Songs | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Mu
- Experiencing Nirvana: Bruce Pavitt’s New Photo Book Chronicles Groundbreaking ’89 Tour | Music News
- Rihanna's Most Controversial Tweets And Instagrams Of 2013 | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- 25 Modern Day Christmas Songs That Might Be Better Than “All I Want For Christmas Is You” | Music Ne
- When Rockers Attack: On Stage Fights + Band Beatdowns Caught On Film! | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Mu