Uber-producer Timbaland is throwing in the towel. In a recent interview with Gigwise, Tim (real name Timothy Mosley) bemoaned the state of the music industry, stating: “Music is boring right now. I’m too innovative for the world.” Tim then goes on to explain how he’ll “de-crown” himself and let some of the up-and-comers have a shot. “They won’t be able to be me,” Tim explains. “There’s only one Timbaland.” We here at VH1.com put Tim’s retirement party sometime after he finishes touring with Justin Timberlake, produces Madonna’s album, and quits writing all those songs with Simon LeBon for the new Duran Duran record. Which is pretty much never. We’re also elevating Tim to orange on our “Egomanic Alert” guide, for referring to himself in the third person.
- Twerk Anthems Of 2013 | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Live Fast, Die Old: 20 Rock Stars Who Are Still Alive | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Christina Aguilera Could Teach Beyonce A Thing Or 10 About Pop Feminism | Music News + Gossip | VH1
- Lady Gaga + Christina Aguilera Grope + Sing 'Do What U Want' | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- The Best Songs Of 2013 (According To Your Friendly Neighborhood VH1 Staffers) | Music News + Gossip