Uber-producer Timbaland is throwing in the towel. In a recent interview with Gigwise, Tim (real name Timothy Mosley) bemoaned the state of the music industry, stating: “Music is boring right now. I’m too innovative for the world.” Tim then goes on to explain how he’ll “de-crown” himself and let some of the up-and-comers have a shot. “They won’t be able to be me,” Tim explains. “There’s only one Timbaland.” We here at VH1.com put Tim’s retirement party sometime after he finishes touring with Justin Timberlake, produces Madonna’s album, and quits writing all those songs with Simon LeBon for the new Duran Duran record. Which is pretty much never. We’re also elevating Tim to orange on our “Egomanic Alert” guide, for referring to himself in the third person.
- A Complete Guide To Miley Cyrus' Onstage PDAs | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Heavy Metal Magazine Characters Who Look Like Real-Life Heavy Metal Musicians | Music News + Gossip
- Girl-On-Girl Kisses In Pop Music: Sexy Or Just For Show? | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- 35 Musicians Who've Done Significant Jail Time | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Comebacks, Leg Drops And Blurred Lines: What We’re Most Thankful For From The World Of Music In 2013