You’re officially having a bad month when there are two people who say you smoked ‘em for songwriting credits. That’s what’s happening with Avril Lavigne these days. Dudes from the 70s power-pop outfit the Rubinoos are suing the sk8ter grrl, saying her "Girlfriend" is a bit too close to their "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend." (Listen and decide.) This comes on the heels of singer Chantal Kreviazuk claiming that Lady Lavigne, the self-proclaimed "motherf*cking princess," ripped off one of her song ideas, too. Play nice, A, play nice.
- A Complete Guide To Miley Cyrus' Onstage PDAs | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- First Dibs: Why Is Demi Lovato Beefing With Lady Gaga? | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- 15 Famous Songs With Alleged Backward Satanic Messages | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Heavy Metal Magazine Characters Who Look Like Real-Life Heavy Metal Musicians | Music News + Gossip
- Are Drake + Rihanna Making Their Relationship Official? | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music