You’re officially having a bad month when there are two people who say you smoked ‘em for songwriting credits. That’s what’s happening with Avril Lavigne these days. Dudes from the 70s power-pop outfit the Rubinoos are suing the sk8ter grrl, saying her "Girlfriend" is a bit too close to their "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend." (Listen and decide.) This comes on the heels of singer Chantal Kreviazuk claiming that Lady Lavigne, the self-proclaimed "motherf*cking princess," ripped off one of her song ideas, too. Play nice, A, play nice.
- 12 Artists Who Died During A Performance | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- The Most Shocking Murders In Rock History | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Miley Cyrus' Onstage Antics Get Crazier | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- 100 Greatest Songs of '00s | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- The 12 Greatest Hidden Tracks In Music | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music