In the latest screen-to-stage move, ’80s cult fave Desperately Seeking Susan is being turned into a West End Musical. Downtown icon Debbie Harry of Blondie fame has penned one new song for the play, “Moment of Truth,” and the score will include Blonide hits “Tide Is High,” “Heart of Glass” and “One Way Or Another.” The film, which epitomized New York’s East Village culture at the time, was Madonna‘s acting debut and remains one of her only tolerable film performances. The play opens October 12th at London’s Novello Theater.
- Heavy Metal’s 12 Most Badass Stage Names: You Won’t Believe The Stories Behind Them! | Music News +
- 10 Awesome Hits Produced By Stevie J | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music - Page 10
- A Tribute To Beyonce's Career-Long Shade Throwing | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- The 10 Coldest Band Dismissals Ever | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Pop Divas Wearing Sand As A Swimsuit | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music