Everyone’s favorite Barbadian ambassador is bringing new levels of synergy to pop-music metaphors. Not since OutKast’s shameless promotion of Polaroid has an artist shilled so hard for a product that most people don’t spend much time thinking about. In this case, Rihanna has gone into business with Totes (think Isotoners) to create a line of umbrellas, inspired, of course, by her song “Umbrella.” Ranging in price from $15-$50, Rihanna’s line of rain gear comes with names like Satin Stick and Signature Slender: fun, even if the names are slightly reminscent of air freshener flavors. Kudos to Totes for spotting an opportunity to take advantage of the song of the summer. And accolades go to Rihanna, too, who told Paper magazine in a recent interview that she wanted to be “the black Madonna.” Since Madonna’s talents naturally run to business management, Rihanna’s fledgling mogul-hood shouldn’t come as a surprise.
- The 100 Greatest Songs Of the '90s | VH1 Tuner
- Are Kanye and Kim Cursed? Why Does 'Ye Seem So Down When They're Together? | VH1 Tuner
- VH1 Classic Remembers Ray Manzarek Of The Doors – | VH1 Tuner
- INTERVIEW: Eve Talks Lip Lock, Hip Hop Competitiveness, And What She Has To Say To Her Ex Stevie J –
- Beyonce Baby Bump Watch: BEYONCE IS PREGNANT!!!!! – | VH1 Tuner