In unbelievable news for anyone who’s ever asked for early-warning fraud protection on their credit cards, identity thieves managed to steal Kurt Cobain‘s social security number and have purchased a $3.2 million New Jersey mansion in his name. The trouble is that Cobain has been dead since 1994, and even when he was alive, he wasn’t the biggest fan of buying stuff. According to Courtney Love, the criminals have also registered 188 credit cards in her name, and have made off with around $69 million from the couple and their daughter’s trust fund. Love writes on her MySpace page: “I find this whole thing so offensive because until Kurts social security number was checked noone took it seriously, but hey here is the Experian with 188 visas on it, thats not Bi Polar, that is reality .” We’re on Love’s side here, and are a little shocked that the use of Cobain’s name didn’t raise any red flags over at the credit reporting agencies. Maybe they were sleeping on the job? Maybe they were just asleep? That would help explain how Janis Joplin recently purchased a chain of fried chicken restaurants, and that Jimi Hendrix-owned cruise-line we keep hearing about.
- Dirty Things You Never Noticed In Classic Album Covers | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Interview With Metallica's Robert Trujillo | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- The 10 Sexiest Uses Of Food In Music Videos | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music - Page 5
- Hottest Sex Scenes In Music Video History | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music - Page 3
- 12 Artists Who Died During A Performance | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music