Monday may have been Legacy Night on NBC’s late shows, with country legend Glen Campbell celebrating his 100th birthday on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno and the influential psych-pop Zombies playing Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, but yesterday was another story entirely. Much-buzzed indie-rockers Girls played Fallon, and Cobra Starship led the night with an on-point rendition of the trancey single, featuring Sabi, that they also performed during the 2011 VMAs pre-show. The project of Midtown frontman Gabe Saporta, Cobra Starship once seemed an ironic joke that wasn’t quite funny (thanks in part to an inauspicious Snakes On A Plane tie-in of a debut single). In the ensuing years, though?not least last night?the band has more than made clear how serious they are, and actually have been pretty forward-thinking in the process. Fun, not funny. Got it, Cobra Starship.
- Girl-On-Girl Kisses In Pop Music: Sexy Or Just For Show? | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- The 15 Sexiest Music Videos Of 2013 | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- A Complete History Of Stripper Poles In Music Videos | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music - Page 4
- 35 Musicians Who've Done Significant Jail Time | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Miley Cyrus' Onstage Antics Get Crazier | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music