Hot on the heels of “Countdown”?which we’re still watching plenty?Beyoncé premiered a video for “Love On Top” earlier this week. As teased, the video begins with an homage to Brook Payne’s iconic New Edition choreography, but that’s only the half of it (literally). The video edit drops a verse from the song so that the video’s back end is devoted to the four key-change chorus repetitions. For these, she and her back-up dancers doll up in a series of era-evoking costumes, though the costumer must have made some sort of mistake, because they always end up short one dress shirt. Not to worry, though: Beyoncé takes one for the team every time. “Love On Top” may be miles apart from “Countdown,” but it’s no less the jam, and we’ve got no complaints about the video either.
- Top 20 Hottest Rock Star Daughters | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Are Drake + Rihanna Making Their Relationship Official? | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- A Complete History Of Stripper Poles In Music Videos | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music - Page 5
- Miley Cyrus' Onstage Antics Get Crazier | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- Guess The Guitar God! | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music - Page 3