Hot on the heels of “Countdown”?which we’re still watching plenty?Beyoncé premiered a video for “Love On Top” earlier this week. As teased, the video begins with an homage to Brook Payne’s iconic New Edition choreography, but that’s only the half of it (literally). The video edit drops a verse from the song so that the video’s back end is devoted to the four key-change chorus repetitions. For these, she and her back-up dancers doll up in a series of era-evoking costumes, though the costumer must have made some sort of mistake, because they always end up short one dress shirt. Not to worry, though: Beyoncé takes one for the team every time. “Love On Top” may be miles apart from “Countdown,” but it’s no less the jam, and we’ve got no complaints about the video either.
- 10 Unexpectedly Awesome Cover Versions Of Classic Songs | VH1 Tuner
- The Top 5 Performances From The Billboard Music Awards (Including Miguel’s Fierce Leg Drop That Almo
- 20 Famous Songs You Didn't Know Were Covers | VH1 Tuner
- 100 Greatest One-Hit Wonders of the '80s | VH1 Tuner
- 40 Greatest Hip Hop Songs of the '90s (COMPLETE LIST) | VH1 Tuner