Yeah you read right — the rumor mill is in overdrive with whispers that Madonna might be joining Kylie Minogue for a duet in a UK television special celebrating the Australian pop-star’s career. The details surrounding the proposed TV special are shady at best, with the UK’s tabloid The Mirror reporting that the special will feature duets with Kylie’s sister Dannii, Nick Cave, Jason Donovan and, apparently, Madonna herself. The duet would make perfect sense too, as Kylie is essentially the antipodean mirror image of Madge — Kylie began her recording career in 1987, while Madonna released her first album in 1983, both have since released 11 hit albums, and both have new albums due for 2012. The longevity of their respective careers, responsibility for shaping pop music through the 80s and 90s and true superstar status have made both women icons of pop music, and we’re pretty sure there would be a lot of pants-wetting going on amongst fans should they take to the stage together. Of the rumor, Kylie tweeted: “it’s just a rumour, but of course it would be amazing!! maybe one day:)” so keep your fingers, toes, and all other external appendages crossed, folks!
- Slippery When Wet: The Best Wet T-Shirts In Music Video History | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- The 15 Most Scandalous Relationships In Music History | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- 10 Rock Stars Who Had Sex In The Studio | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- The 10 Raunchiest Lyrics On Beyonce's New Surprise Album | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music
- The Year In Miley | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music