Nicki Minaj Sets Perez Hilton Straight, Says Her Backup Dancer Had Nothing To Do With Fan’s Murder

by

Nicki Minaj Sets Perez Hilton Straight on Backup Dancer Murder Controversy

Nicki Minaj doesn’t like for her name to be entangled in gossip about murder, and she doesn’t want her crew falsely accused either. PerezHilton.com reported that one of Nicki’s backup dancers had been arrested as a suspect in the murder of 21-year-old Nicola Furlong who was sadly killed after Nicki’s Tokyo concert last Wednesday. According to PerezHilton.com, Nicola and her friend went back to the hotel rooms of James Blackston and Larry Perry. After the young woman was found dead from cervical compression, initial reports pegged Blackston as one of Nicki’s backup dancers. Nicki took to Twitter (and her 12 plus million followers) to address Perez Hilton directly about the false information. We told you Twitter is the new press release.

After hearing about the tragedy Nicki tweeted her personal condolences to the family of her beloved fan. But she also wanted the public to know her dancers aren’t associated with the crime. Writing directly to Perez Hilton’s twitter she tweeted, “My dancers had nothing to do w/this tragedy. No one in my entourage was questioned or arrested. They all flew home from Japan.” She continued, “That person on your sight [sic] is NOT my dancer. We do NOT know the men in custody. Too much misleading information.” There you have it, straight from Nicki’s mouth Twitter account.

What a tragedy for everyone involved. It’s sweet to see that Nicki’s superstar persona didn’t get in the way of her at least tweeting condolences. No wonder her Barbz feel such an insanely tight bond with her. Ahhh, the power of social media.


Nicki Minaj Shoots Down Reports That Her Back-Up Dancer Was Involved In Rape/Murder!
[PerezHilton.com]

[Photo: Getty Images]