It’s no secret that we love July and August You Oughta Know artists The Lumineers‘ “Ho Hey!” So joyous and ever infectious, they stomped their way straight to our hearts. We would be remiss, though, if we didn’t share also The Lumineers’ more plaintive side. At VH1 headquarters for their You Oughta Know Live performance, they slowed things down for “Stubborn Love,” a beautiful and yearning song about love that won’t give up. “She’ll tear a hole in you, the one you can’t repair,” it so goes, “but I still love her, I don’t really care.” Refusing to give in and raised by a crescendo of drums and cello, they insist that you “Keep your head up, keep your love” because “It’s better to feel pain than nothing at all.” And when Wesley Schultz wails that, “The opposite of love is indifference,” you can’t help but feel moved.
- The 10 Best Remixes Of Lana Del Rey | VH1 Tuner
- The 100 Greatest Songs Of the '90s | VH1 Tuner
- VH1 Classic Remembers Ray Manzarek Of The Doors – | VH1 Tuner
- Guy Pumping His Gas Belts Out Unbelievable Version Of “Livin’ On A Prayer” – | VH1 Tuner
- 40 Greatest Hip Hop Songs of the '90s (COMPLETE LIST) | VH1 Tuner