Can you keep up? The odds are ever in our favor, as 2013 will not only be the year of new Justin Timberlake music , but also the year the fabulous and fierce members of Destiny’s Child return to the conversation–not that they ever truly left, as far as we’re concerned. According to Beyonce’s website, the trio have reunited to record their first original music in eight years on the forthcoming album Love Songs. The group’s sixth LP is a compilation (beggars can’t be choosers) of their most lovely romantic odes, featuring one new song. Not enough!
An accompanying press release reveals the tracklisting as such:
1) Cater 2 U (2004 – Destiny Fulfilled)
2) Killing Time (1998 – Destiny’s Child)
3) Second Nature (1998 – Destiny’s Child)
4) Heaven (2002 – Simply Deep)
5) Now That She’s Gone (1999 – The Writing’s On The Wall)
6) Brown Eyes (2001 – Survivor)
7) If (2004 – Destiny Fulfilled)
8) Emotion (2001 – Survivor)
9) If You Leave (featuring Next) (1999 – The Writing’s On The Wall)
10) T-Shirt (2004 – Destiny Fulfilled)
11) Temptation (1999 – The Writing’s On The Wall)
12) Say My Name (Timbaland remix) (2002 – This Is The Remix)
13) Love (2004 – Destiny Fulfilled)
14) Nuclear (2013 – Destiny’s Child – Love Songs)
A collection of deep cuts for sure, along with the group’s cover of the Bee Gees’ “Emotion,” the Timbaland remix of monster smash “Say My Name” and “Heaven,” a Kelly Rowland solo venture off 2002’s Simply Deep.
For DC obsessives, the lone unknown on the list is the Pharrell-produced “Nuclear,” which will be highly anticipated given the individual musical paths–Michelle Williams towards gospel; Kelly Rowland within dance and R&B; Beyonce on her way towards world domination–the members have taken since temporarily splitting up in 2005. It’s also interesting to consider that more than a few of these tracks were recorded with the group’s original members, LeToya Luckett and LaTavia Robertson. Also, is Next still actively recording?
The album will be released on January 29 and is currently available for pre-order on Amazon, just in time to jump-start your Valentines Day shopping. Can we expect Kelly and Michelle to join Queen B at the Super Bowl a few days later? Hope so! Move over BeyHive members, these ladies have priority.
Destiny’s Child Love Songs [Beyonce]