Jay Leno brings out the bubbly, playful side of Nicki Minaj. The promo stops for Wednesday’s debut of American Idol have Ms. Minaj busy jet-setting from coast to coast for daytime and late night TV interviews. Nicki opted for a toned down look donned in a simple girly dress underneath a pink blazer. (Oh, Nicki! The black wig would’ve done your look much more justice). Her pleasant persona was nostalgic of the pre-megafame days when you loved to love Nicki.
Here’s what we learned:
- She doesn’t remember her two 30 second audition monologues for LaGuardia Arts, but she remembers saying Pol-a-knee-see-us. When she pronounced the name the audience laughed to which she responded, “No, I’m serious.” Perhaps it was Polonius from Shakespeare’s Hamlet. But who wouldn’t remember doing Hamlet for their audition to get into an arts high school?
- Nicki is still friends with the only other black girl from her drama classes in high school, resulting in her friend receiving a shoutout on national television.
- Her first paying gig was a $750 show in Brooklyn, NY. Too bad a porn star took all of her shine.
- When she was eight she wanted to be a bus driver when she grew up. “Don’t we all want to be bus drivers?”
- If she was president her first order of business would be to make all illegal U-turns legal. “There’s nothing wrong with making illegal U-turns. Please get over it.” Spoken like a true New Yorker.
- “I’m one of her biggest fans in the world darling.” – Nicki on Mariah Carey
- She had a temper in 2012. However, 2013 is a new beginning. “For 2013, baby, I’m on the road to recovery.”
And to conclude she called Jay Leno Lenny. “Thank you, Lenny.”
Nicki Minaj Visits The Tonight Show With Jay Leno [VIDEO] [Hip Hop Wired]
[Photo: Getty Images]