10. “Born To Be Wild” by Steppenwolf vs. Diet Pepsi
This ad was meant as an homage to the 1969 counter-culture classic Easy Rider, making it doubly heart-breaking.
9. “Brown Sugar” by the Rolling Stones vs. Pepsi
Pepsi is brown and it’s sugary , but maybe someone should tell them that the track is referencing heroin.
8. “Pour Some Sugar On Me” by Def Leppard vs. T-Mobile
Rock ‘n’ roll in ads are bad enough, without hearing a rando badly sing his own rendition. Cringe-worthy in the extreme.
7. “Good Vibrations” by the Beach Boys vs. Sunkist
Brian Wilson’s 1966 ”pocket symphony” cost a record-breaking $50,000 and his sanity. It went on to be used to sell a carbonated orange drink. We wonder what Kel Mitchell has to say about this.
6. “Viva Las Vegas” by Elvis Presley vs. Viagra
Get ready to have this mojo-shakin’ Elvis classic ruined for the rest of your natural life.