What city or town do you call home?
Are there any fun facts about your band?
1) We all came from separate bands that we played with for years. (Carlo and Stephen have been playing together for 12 years straight and have played the main stage at Bamboozle)
2) Pastele, Carlo, and Stephen all went to High School together
3) Andy our drummer is a Veteran of the Navy
4) Tim started taking piano lessons at 2 years old and has been playing for 17 years (He’s 19)
5) Pastele is also a visual artist and graduated from NYC’s Fashion Institute of Technology so she paints all her clothes for shows and wears her art.
6) Carlo and Pastele have been writing partners before the band formed; going back and forth from NY to LA for writing sessions. Before the band started; That’s when Pastele first met Andy when he was living in California.
7) The second Carlo asked Andy to be apart of our band he drove across the United States from California to New Jersey and has been living here ever since.
What inspired the name of your band? Are there any other names you considered that didn’t make the cut?
Art was the inspiration. “Pastele” stemmed from Brittany’s (Pastele’s) Great Grandmothers name “Pasquelina” and her Art. Pastele wont play a show without wearing her artwork on her or her clothing. The merge of the music world and the art world can be a powerful thing. We felt the name was simple, unique, and distinguishes our brand perfectly. There are also a lot of art references in our music :).
We didn’t really have any other names! We kind of just knew right away; It was clear to us.
What’s the first song you remember playing onstage? Feel free to elaborate if there is a story around it.
“Harder To Breathe,” by Maroon 5. The energy onstage was just awesome. Instantly we had everyone rocking out to it. So it’s been one our favorite covers to play!
You absolutely cannot perform without…
Do you have any pre-show rituals before you take the stage?
We like to get together and do a team/band huddle and remind ourselves how lucky were are and to remember not to take anything for granted it’s all about why we started doing this in the first place.
Pastele has to have her green tea Mochi balls before she plays NYC shows (lol).
What artists made you want to play music?
No Doubt, Pink, Red Hot Chili Peppers
If you could open for any band on tour this summer, who would it be and why?
We feel the new band “Magic” who has the latest hit “Rude” would be a great fit. Our styles are so similar and when we heard them on the radio we were like “finally someone else gets it”.
We would ultimately love to open up for Pink because she’s such a strong women with incredible talent. It would be so inspiring and we can’t imagine the songs we would write during and after touring with her from the experience.
What is you band’s biggest band ambition?
To be successful musicians as a team, and tour, #1’s, but really most importantly be able to support our families/friends who have been so supportive all these years; it would be the best feeling in the world to pay them back and more.
You just found out your record got to Number One. What’s the first thing you do?
First we would all call our parents, friends, family. Then….
Andy says: I would fill up my gas tank, lol.
Carlo: Buy a really nice acoustic guitar
Pastele: Just dance for 24 hours straight…
Stephen: Get a sick new bass guitar and some clothes
Tim: Somehow buy a keyboard that is 10 feet long and be able to play every key at once.
Lasly, is there anything else you want to share with us?
We are just really honored to be apart of this and want to thank you guys for the opportunity. We appreciate this idea of supporting up and coming acts with an opportunity that now a days seems few and far between.