10. “Me Against the Music” and “(I Got That) Boom Boom,” TRL’s Spankin’ New Music Week 2003
Britney turned the sex kitten notch waaay up for this live-in-Times Square performance. Her dancing is on point (and so is that fedora).
9. “Oops!…I Did It Again,” 2001-2002’s Dream Within a Dream Tour
Perhaps the best opening in any Britney tour, “Oops!” gets the full “Vegas spectacle” makeover here. The pyrotechnics! The cuckoo-bananas costumes! That, erm, thing she’s spinning on! Not to mention she looks muy caliente in that all-black ensemble.
8. “I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman,” 2002’s American Music Awards
Britney’s best live vocals to date? Maybe so. Our girl sounds pitch perfect here, and her subtle vocals are complemented by that lovely nude-toned dress.
7. “Touch of My Hand” and “Breathe On Me,” 2004’s The Onyx Hotel Tour
Britney takes a heavy dose of Erotica-era Madonna during these two back-to-back numbers (her raciest on-stage antics ever). We guess the party really doesn’t start until you simulate sex and then make out with one of your back-up dancers…right?
6. “If U Seek Amy,” 2009’s The Circus Starring: Britney Spears
This one is just fun. In an animated number, a smiling Britney bounces around the stage with a glittery pink mallet and plays whack-a-mole (naturally). It’s silly and over-the-top, yes, but oozing a real sense of joy that seems to be missing in Britney’s more recent performances. *Sigh.*