Whether you’re still waking up or you’re on iced coffee number three, we’ve got your morning music news roundup: Ja Rule is still making music, Britney Spears is still making noise, Stevie Nicks joins The Voice, and more.
- We’re sure you’ve heard enough about Robin Thicke‘s marriage woes, but matters for him just got worse. Paula only sold 530 copies its opening week. Ouch. [NME]
- Everyone’s favorite interviewer, Nardwuar interviews Wu-Tang Clan during their visit to Vancouver. [Complex]
- After a very long hiatus, Ja Rule has announced that he will be releasing an album in 2015 called Genius Loves Company. Rule told Hip Hop Vibe,”What the fans don’t understand about this business is that timing is everything.” [XXL]
- Stevie Nicks will be joining #TeamAdam as an adviser on season seven of The Voice. The show will return September 22nd on NBC with judges Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, Gwen Stefani, and Pharrell Williams. [Billboard]
- Wale wants people to refocus on his music and not his rap beef with Meek Mill. So, he dropped his new single, “The Followers,” earlier than expected. Listen to the new track here. [MTV News]
- Ever wanted to hear Britney Spears minus the auto-tune? Come on, you know you’re curious. Warning: Turn the volume down. [Huffington Post]
[Photo credit: Getty images]