We’re not totally sure how it’s possible for one woman to create a gajillion news stories in one day, but Britney Spears seems to be capable of doing just that. So let’s break down the Brit report into two easy categories to try to simplify this mess.
1. What shocked us: Brit tested clean for drugs and alcohol. Turns out Britney’s just really just high on life!
2. What didn’t shock us:
- Where to begin? How about with Dr. Phil? He of course got involved in the drama and then took a beating in the press after it was alleged he arrived unannounced and freaked the freak (Britney) out. He cleared his name this morning and says her fam wanted him there, in true trashy fashion.
- Britney was released early from the hospital. Because celebrities can do whatever they want, no matter how crazy they may be. Lucky!
- Kevin is “freaked out” by Brit’s release and is stocking up on security. The Fedster continues to prove he is way smarter than his outfit choices make him look.
- X17 is accusing Britney’s paparazzi boyfriend of trying to sell his stories – and pics – to news agencies for $5 million dollars! And here we thought he was just interested in making a new friend.
- Brit doesn’t seem to care, and she’s been spotted in Santa Barbara shopping and kissing her new man. Oh, and some video shows Britney on her hotel balcony not wearing pants – the least shocking news of all.
- Sources tell TMZ that her family is desperately trying to get Britney into mental hospital to deal with her (alleged) bi-polar disorder. Maybe they should have thought of this like, four years ago when they were all living the good life off of her cash.
Bounty Hunter Star Busted in the Nude
Dog’s bro and fellow bounty hunter Tim Chapman was arrested after cops found him naked in his truck getting busy with himself. Bad judgment must run in the family.? [TMZ]
K-Fed Gets the Kids
Brit’s out and Kevin’s in as the sole custodian of their two kids. Phew – there’s still time for them not to get completely f*cked up.? [TMZ]
Nicole Kidman: Knocked Up and Nervous
Nic’s dropped out of her latest film to maintain her health while pregnant – and to hide from the world without her botox.? [NY Post]
Is Tom Cruise Scientology?s #2?
A new unauthorized biography alleges that Tom Cruise is Scientology’s second-in-command and that Katie was impregnated with L. Ron Hubbard’s sperm. Um, duh?? [NYDN]
Brangelina Pretends to be Normal in Missouri
Brad’s brood relaxed and hit up a local pizza place while visiting his family in Missouri and basked in the lack of attention they received from locals. Psst, Brange – they were ignoring your asses!? [Us]
Miles Davis The Complete On The Corner Sessions
Some of the fun in roaming through retrospective box sets is finding unissued tracks that add to the music?s ongoing story. In the case of the famed trumpeter?s most experimental music, that track may be ?Mr. Foster.? For 15 minutes Davis wrings blood from his horn, which is hooked-up to a wah-wah pedal and surfing a web of nasty funk pulses driven by drummer Al Foster, whose relentless churning earns itself some props in the song title. It?s snarling yet graceful, obnoxious yet entrancing. This set is the rock-jazz motherlode, the record that critics have been creaming over for the last few months. When Davis made this stuff, in a string of studio dates that stretched from ?72 ? ?75, he was milking Sly and Family Stone, digging the drones of Indian music, and swimming in a sea of funk. Now-exalted, it was snubbed by the era’s jazz fans as being crazy-ass street shit. The naysayers were right: the jams are a jumble of rhythms, glowing with black pride and an acknowledging all things sensual. That’s why hip-hop heads get on board so quickly. Loaded with tension, they glorify the groove and stick it full of glowing abstractions. Put on one of these six CDs, press play, and a whole afternoon will disappear real quick.
We may not be hearing from Britney Spears for a few days – she’s reportedly going to be hospitalized and receiving some serious medical care for the next 72 hours. Here are some other tidbits surrounding Brit-Fest 2008 that have popped up since this morning:
- The starlet apparently was hysterical when strapped down to the gurney. “They had to strap her down like a mental patient and she was going between laughing and hysterics,? a source said.
- Britney may not have been on drugs at all – in fact a new report alleges that her blood tests cane back completely clean. Soberly insane seems kinda crazier than drugged up and insane, right?
- Lynne Spears is distraught and has asked us all to pray. I am praying that I never read about Britney again. How about you?
- Before she locked herself in the bathroom with Jayden, Britney told her court-appointed monitor that she wasn’t planning on giving her kids back to K-Fed. The monitor called the cops, saving the day.
- Brit’s currently being held at Cedars-Sinail Medical Center on an “involuntary psychiatric hold, also known as a Section 5150,” which allows for people in need of “serious need of mental health treatment” to be held involuntarily for up to 72 hours. If it’s determined that she is in need of further treatment, the stay can be extended, against her will.
We hope Britney’s getting all the rest, care and Cheetos that she needs – maybe they can even ween her off her Frappucinos in between dealing with all that mental stuff. And now, back to praying.
Poor little Avril Lavigne. Everything was going so well for her on New Year’s Eve. With her highlights newly hot-pinked and her husband on her arm, Avril attended Prive’s New Year’s bash, where crunkalicious rapper Lil Jon was DJing. With Avril booked to call the countdown, things were looking good for the self-proclaimed “motherf*cking princess.” Disaster struck when Lil Jon decided to do his own countdown, drowning out Avril and sending her into a tailspin. “I wanted to do the countdown!” Avril reportedly cried to hubby Deryck Whibley. Page Six reports that Avril finally dried her eyes when the club brought out the Dom Perignon.
Why this hairstyle has regained it’s popularity, we do not know. But whatever you want to call it – the Suri, the Saleisha, the Tutti – it’s back and it’s BAD. Like really bad. It’s not flattering on anyone, but still everyone keeps cutting their hair and shaping it freakishly around their face. After we noticed Jennifer Hudson stepping out with this new do, we realized something was really awry in La La Land. We’ve accumulated the above images not so much as an hommage to this frightening hair style, but as a warning to any future daring gals – and guys – who might want to go crazy in the barber’s chair. Sit tight. Get the Rachel. This look is wrong on just about everyone – except Dora the Explorer.
High School Musical hotness Vaness Hudgens is now talking about her little nudie pic scandal from last summer, and she’s still kinda messed up by it. Cuz you know, we all saw her boobs and her vag. “I?m much better now. But truthfully I don?t like talking about it,? Hudgens told Seventeen. ?It was very traumatic, and I am extremely upset it happened. I hope all my fans can learn from my mistake and make smart decisions.”
It’s kinda cool that’s she’s owning up to it, because Lord knows there’s a ton of crap we did at 17-years old that we still don’t like to admit. Her mom sounds equally as hip; Vanessa reveals that when she told her Ma about the pics, she said, “Well everyone can be naked if they want to.” Very true. And everyone can photograph it too. But not everyone who does is the hero of seven-year olds across the globe. That’s the catch. But young fans should listen to Vanessa’s wise words and take them to heart: “Don?t post your private business for the world to see!? she says. ?You just have to be careful.? So true! Blur that sh*t out before you upload it to the web! At least make your dirty pics a little safe for work – the millions of people clicking on them will thank you. [MSNBC]
Katie and Christina to Be Costars
Mrs. Cruise wants to star in a film with the dirrrty singer to seem more edgy. How about just divorcing her weirdo husband instead?? [DListed]
Pam Finally Ditches Sex Tape Hubby
It’s official – Pam Anderson’s third marriage is over after a few months. What dud can she date now?? [Us]
Is There a Vivica Fox Sex Tape?
She’s denying it, but her ex is claiming he’s got a naughty video of Vivica floating around. Don’t celebs spend enough time in front of the camera as is?? [NYDN]
J. Lo Ready For Boy and Girl Babies
Lopez and her house husband have been shopping for pink and blue everything for their future twin tots. We’re already cringing imagining their matching outfits.? [NY Post]
Jay-Z Ditched Def Jam for More Cash
Hova bailed on his post as head of the iconic label cuz the pay wasn’t good enough. Beyonce needs her yachts and bling ya’ll!? [NY Post]
Last night sh*t went DOWN at Britney Spears‘ Beverly Hills mansion (she had given a deposition with Kevin Federline‘s lawyers earlier in the day). After refusing to turn over her kids to K-Fed’s bodyguard at the scheduled pick up time of 7PM PST, his lawyer and the police were called to the scene. Brit stayed holed up in her house with the tots, hours passed, fire trucks and ambulances arrived, and at 11:45 PM Britney was removed from her home on a gurney and taken to the Cedars-Sinai hospital in a police-escorted ambulance. Cops revealed that they believed that Britney was “under the influence of an unknown substance.”Her youngest son Jayden was also taken to the hospital but has been released, and both boys are now in the safe arms of their stable backup-dancer dad. Meanwhile, Britney remains at the hospital where she is allegedly a “special needs” patient, explained a source, meaning that “they have either overdosed or tried to commit suicide. So we go stay with these patients and monitor them constantly. We watch them so they don’t hurt themselves…”
You can check out the insanity and Brit’s arrival at the hospital in the video below. We’ll keep you posted on any further updates. Until then, holy sh*t. [Us/OK! Photo: Splashnews]
Britney’s Worst Year Ever
Jamie Lynn Spears Pregnant at 16
Britney Bombs on the VMAs
We know who killed Lindsay Lohan‘s sobriety (and her career) - she did. Video (see above) has turned up of our favorite man-eater chugging some champagne on New Year’s Eve, and her lawyer has even confirmed the slip-up. Oops! Blair Berk said, “The good news was that Lindsay stopped herself that night, called her sponsor, and got herself immediately back on track. There is no magic cure here. The most unfortunate part of this is that Lindsay has to share her ‘one day at a time’ with the entire world.”
We’d rather her stop sharing her ‘one old dude at a time’ make out fest with the entire world. Please?