Late yesterday afternoon the details of the restraining order against Brit’s BFF Sam Lutfi were revealed, and man is there some ugly sh*t going on. We’ve broken down the long and the short of it for you, depending on how much Brit-news you can handle. To read the full document – including Lynne Spears‘ lengthy statement – click here.
The short of it: Sam Lutfi is a crazy dude who controls Britney.
The long of it (based on Lynne’s declaration):
- He has “inserted himself” into Brit’s life, home and finances.
- Britney doesn’t lock her house and has zero security. Smart.
- Sam has disabled all of the starlet’s cars and home phones, and hides her cell phone chargers.
- He verbally bashed Britney the night before her hospitalization, saying that she was an unfit mother and a “piece of trash and a whore.” Ouch.
- The paparazzi reports to Sam and he had them drive Britney around to get her away from her family.
- Sam tells Britney that her boyfriend Adnan is gay.
- Britney, at times was so anxious that she cleaned the house and changed her outfits – and the outfits of her three dogs – numerous times.
- She also spoke like “a little girl” and asked what insomnia was.
- Sam confessed to grinding up Britney’s pills – including Risperdol and Seroquel – and putting them in her food.
- Adnan informed Lynne that Sam will hide Britney’s dog and then pretend to find it after she gets upset, so he looks like “her savior.”
- Britney went in and out of her British accent, cried, and asked for her father the night her mother was with her.
Looks like the short of it was all we needed: Sam Lutfi is a crazy dude who controls Britney – he’s even admitted to giving her “a handful of pills.” But after this massive wave of info, there’s still one thing that remains unclear – why is Britney currently obsessed with dudes rocking chin landing strips?
John Mayer Embraces his Inner Borat
The singer with a sense of humor jogged around his Mayercraft cruise ship in only a “Borat” bathing suit. The guy’s got balls – literally.? [DListed]
Michelle Williams Arrives in Australia for Funeral
The actress and her daughter are down under for the private funeral of her ex-fiancee Heath Ledger.? [Us]
Kim Kardashian?s Reps Bash Lawsuit
Of course she’s innocent – the girl would never do anything that would get her BAD press!? [Us]
Britney Regrets Teen Boob Job
Um…among other things?? [NY Post]
J. Lo?s Twins: Two Brats are Better Than One
As if we already didn’t know – the singer is knocked up with two tots. Twice the baby bling!? [People]
Welcome back to our coverage of New York’s Fall Fashion Week where we’re recapping all the craziness in Manhattan surrounding the season’s style shows. Mary Alice Stephenson, America?s Most Smartest Model host and Harper?s Bazaar contributing fashion editor, gives us the lowdown on the hottest designers. In today’s installment, we meet Elise Overland, one of the winners of the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation award, an honor given out to emerging designers. Overland’s known for her rocker-ish taste — she’s made clothes for stars like the Smashing Pumpkins — but her show this time was a tad more sophisticated than it was stage-ready. It had plenty of attitude, though, as did its designer, whose personal style we’ve always thought of as being very Red Sonja meets Clan of the Cave Bear. Overland is striking, and so are her clothes. She attracted some well-known types to celebrate with her, including model/musician Irina Lazareanu, artist Hope Atherton and first daughter Barbara Bush. More after the jump.
Think you know everything about Christina? Want to defend your title as the biggest Justin fan there is? Do you know Beyonce‘s songs backward and forward? Well we’ve got a game for you. With all the fantastic nominees in this year’s crop of Grammy artists, we want to test your knowledge on how well you know the nominated singers and their songs. See if you can match all the lyrics to the artists above. Stumped? Check out our lyrics site for help. Answers after the jump. PS: Be here on Sunday night at 8 pm. We’re live-blogging the Grammys show and want you to comment on the action.
* “Should’ve known better when you came around/ That you were gonna make me cry.”
* “Sweet reunion Jamaica and Spain/ We’re like how we were again/ I’m in the tub, you on the seat/ Lick your lips as I soak my feet.”
* “Haters, start your engines, I hear ‘em gearin’ up/ People talk so much sh*t about me at barbershops/ They forget to get their haircut.”
* “So since I’m not your everything/ How about I’ll be nothing, nothing at all to you/ Baby I won’t shed a tear for you, I won’t lose a wink of sleep.”
* “I know you’ve got your reasons/ Hey let’s call it even/ Turn out all the lights/ And go to bed.”
* “Old teenage hopes/ Are alive at your door/ Left you with nothing/ But they want some more.”
* “There’s nothing I wouldn’t do to have just one more chance/ To look into our eyes and see you looking back.”
* “I can’t give up your love without dying baby/ I’ll wait until the sea is dry baby/ How do we know what love is/ Until it is free?”
* “How’s your life? It’s been a while/ God it’s good to see you smile/ I see you reachin’ for your keys/ Lookin’ for a reason not to leave.”
* “Stood on the corner for a while/ To wait for the wind to blow down on me/ Hoping it takes with it my old ways/ And brings some brand new luck upon me.”
Jamie-Lynn Spears – Britney’s little sister with a big belly – is allegedly trying to run away from her overbearing Mom. May we suggest she does it this week? We have a feeling Mama Spears is kinda distracted right now at the mental hospital, so pack that Louis Vuitton suitcase up and run, girl!? She has apparently forbidden Jamie-Lynn from seeing her baby-daddy, so the Nickelodeon starlet is hightailing it to her dad’s house in Los Angeles. She also, supposedly, just wants to party like her big sis, according to a source who revealed, ?Jamie Lynn knows Britney smoked and drank during her pregnancy ? and because Britney?s boys turned out fine, Jamie Lynn thinks her baby will be fine too.?
Yup, they’re just a normal pair of sisters! Meanwhile, Britney is stuck in some padded room at the hospital hating on her pops, who is now legally in charge of her medical care and her money. She sent her lawyers to court yesterday to get him removed from as her conservator (the fancy title he’s been given), but the court ruled in his favor. Her lawyer elaborated: “There has been an estrangement for quite some time. With him as conservator, that is causing her more agitation and more distress.”
As if her pink wig wasn’t distressful enough – that thing really itches, ya’ll!
Kim Kardashian is in the news again today, and it’s not because of her giant ass – but because she might be a giant ass. Singer Brandy‘s mother Sonja Norwood has sued Kim, after she allegedly racked up over $120,000 of charges on Norwood’s AMEX. Apparently Kim was Brandy’s stylist in 2004 (wait, what? She’s a stylist?) and Norwood gave her the credit card to make one purchase for her daughter. But Kim supposedly passed on the number to her sisters, and the trio used it for $62,793.83 worth of purchases in 2006 and $57,841.82 in 2007. For those of you without calculators, that puts the final tally at $120,635.82. The Kardashian sisters even apparently spent thousands at their own (horribly named) boutiques, Dash and Smooch.
Kim also once dated Brandy’s brother Ray-J – her partner in that sex tape that she loves to hate on – which may have also rubbed Mama Norwood the wrong way. And why wouldn’t she just cancel the card after she noticed over $60,000 worth of charges on the thing?! Honestly, we’re glad that she didn’t, because we can’t wait to see this play out in front of a judge. How is Kim going to afford the sexy outfits she’ll need for court without that Norwood cash flow? [Page Six]
Kim Kardashian: Not Desperate, Annoying
Kim Kardashian & Reggie Bush are Poseurs
Did Kimmy Get Nasty with Reggie In the Photo Booth?
Heath?s Autopsy Reports Almost Ready
Great, so the media will have something new to freak out about all over again. [Us]
Lindsay Lohan: Back to her Old Tricks
Drinking and dry humping Paris Hilton’s ex – the old Lohan is back! [NYDN]
Brit?s Creepy Pal Bashes Restraining Order
Sam Lutfi claims the Spears’ restraining order again him “won’t last.” Maybe not, but the creepy feeling he gives us sure will. [Us]
Kirstie Alley Talks Like Tom Cruise
The Cheers star is quoted in Scientology’s church magazine rattling on about mankind, saving the world and the “fourth dynamic.” All she needs is a couch to jump on and she’s good to go. [NYP]
Jacko?s Back ? But Just for the Grammys
The surgically enhanced star will appear on-stage during music’s biggest night as part of some sort of Thriller tribute. [NYDN]
Is she or isn’t she? Today, Amy Winehouse‘s rep confirmed to UsWeekly that Winehouse, despite reports she’s entered rehab, will be performing at this Sunday’s Grammy awards. The singer, nominated in a whopping six categories — including record of the year, album of the year and song of the year — checked into a drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility on January 24th, following the release of shocking footage showing an obviously high Winehouse smoking crack.
To find out more about Winehouse’s sadly ironic song “Rehab,” check out our in-depth analysis on a hit that was created from an off-hand comment and a couple of hours. We’ve also got plenty of interesting info on Winehouse and her competition.
It’s New York Fashion Week, and that means that Manhattan’s hosting all kinds of celebrities, models and designers. To present you with the best of the best, we asked America’s Most Smartest Model host and Harper’s Bazaar contributing fashion editor Mary Alice Stephenson to give her take on all the stylish craziness. In today’s installment, we discuss designer Erin Fetherston, whose line is a favorite of such celebrities as Zooey Deschanel (Elf), Anne Hathaway (The Devil Wears Prada) and, for some reason, Damon Dash (former Jay-Z business associate). The designer’s show was studded with celebrities, high-profile editors and buyers, and the theme had something to do with black roses — beautiful and oddly upsetting at the same time. More after the jump:
Will.i.am (of Black Eyed Peas fame) has wrangled a bunch of celebs, including Scarlett Johansson, Nick Cannon and Common, to sing it loud and proud in his new video supporting Barack Obama‘s presidential campaign. The senator’s famous “Yes We Can” speech has been put to music and celebs sing along as video of Obama plays beside them. It’s so pretty and powerful that a nation might find it in its heart to forgive “My Humps.” Stars making appearances in the piece include: Jesse Dylan, Tatyana Ali, John Legend, Herbie Hancock, Kate Walsh, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Aisha Tyler,and Nicole Scherzinger.
Super Tuesday is less than 24 hours away! Looking to vote and get involved? Find out about the issues, and click here to register and learn more.