Paris To Sell Home, Stripper Pole
Perhaps looking for a fresh start, Paris has put her Hollywood Hills home up for sale for $4.25 million. The stripper pole and the monkey cage come at an extra charge. [A Socialite's Life]
Angelina Loses Battle Over Baby Name
The actress tried to sue a perfume maker who wanted to name a scent Shiloh, coincidentally the same name as her youngest daughter. Angie may win most battles (rightJen Aniston?) but she lost this one, and the case has been dropped. [DListed]
Brit: Threatened to Kill Photog?
Two paparazzi have come forward to accuse the star of verbally threatening them. Brit allegedly yelled, “I’m gonna kill you!” She forgot to mention it’d be by forcing them to listen to her music. [Us Magazine]
As previously noted, on Saturday, July 28, two of the writers of the VH1.com blog attended the Poison concert at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, N.J. It was, in a phrase, nothing but a good time. Here’s Jonathan Durbin on the live Poison’d experience.
- ?Look what New Jersey dragged in!? shouted Bret Michaels during the opening salvo of Poison?s headlining show in Holmdel, New Jersey. He shouted it to the tune of ?Look What the Cat Dragged In.? Which they were playing. Loudly. The band was backed by explosions of green flame and showers of fireworks. Michaels wore True Religion jeans and generally looked like he?d been shopping on Melrose Avenue in L.A. West Coast rock stars are so into showing everybody the stitching on their clothes. What?s up with that?
- The video projections behind the band included graphics from the band?s new album sleeve, Poison?d (featuring a female mouth with green lipstick, suggestively tonguing the band?s logo). At other times, the video featured abstract computer-generated art that was somehow reminiscent of a trip through a very long ear canal. Also: Flames. Flames were very popular.
- Three members of Poison wore Poison T-shirts. The other, bassist Bobby Dall, wore a Venture Bros. T-shirt, a promotional item for a show on the Cartoon Network?s Adult Swim.
- Bobby?s affinity for cartoons didn?t stop the blonde behind me from digging her elbows into my back in a whole-hearted attempt to climb over me, past security and onto the stage where she could worship him properly.
- Bret changed headgear frequently. He started with the bandanna look, graduated to the woven straw cowboy hat and moved from there to a black leather number. Interesting to note: The hat was the element of his style most frequently appropriated by female fans. The guys seemed more into singing along with the songs. Particular favorites were ?I Want Action? and ?Nothin? But a Good Time.? He dedicated the latter to New Jersey. Literally. He said, ?New Jersey, this is your song!? New Jersey seemed to agree.
- New Jersey also agreed with ?Every Rose Has Its Thorn.? During the power-ballad-to-end-all power ballads, audience members held aloft lighters and cell phones, casting the entire arena in an oddly soothing blue-orange light.
- Backstage, meanwhile, cascades of sparks spewed from the rafters for a waterfall effect. That was one of the pyrotechnic effects that Bret?s manager had warned us about. She had asked us not to wander around backstage because we might burn our faces off. We didn?t burn our faces off, but there were times where it came close.
- There were other duck-and-cover moments backstage. Mainly they involved keeping fingers in our ears. The explosions were loud. At other times, I saw stage hands running away from guitarist C.C. DeVille, who had a full-length mirror back there to primp his hair. Run and hide, stage hands! C.C.?s loose!
- Poison played from 9:30 until 11 p.m. They kept the energy unflaggingly high all evening, which was more than Ratt (who opened). Ratt were loud, but not high-energy. Also, Ratt sound like they?re Irish. Who knew?
- Post-show at Bret?s bus, a line of people maybe 25 deep had gathered to meet the man. There were a smattering of busty ladies, a few kids and some of Bret?s friends (like Tony, Bret?s tattoo artist — a wonderful guy). Only a few people were allowed on at a time. When we got onto the bus, we noted that the soundtrack Bret was using to entertain the crowd included songs by the Black Crowes and the Foo Fighters. It begged the question: What do rock stars listen to, exactly? Roadhouse rock, apparently.
- Bret himself turned out to be a very generous and kind individual. He?s also Internet savvy. He?d been watching to see how many of his VSPOT clips from Rock of Love were in the top 10. How’s that for dedicated?
Click the shots taken during the show for larger versions:
And, after the jump there’s one more tidbit…
Britney Thong Pics Surface
New photos of Britney showin’ her butt in a thong with dancers have popped up all over the web. They’re kinda gross, but at least her pre-buzz cut extensions look good! [DListed]
Usher?s Fianc?e: Hospital Visit?
Atlanta is a buzz that Usher’s abandoned fianc?e paid a visit to a local hospital with pregnancy pains. But is it just a ploy to get her man’s attention? [NY Daily News]
Linds: Still Starring in Dance Flick
The troubled actress is still scheduled to be a part of her new tango-heavy film Dare to Love Me. It’s a good thing producers are daring to? love Linds enough to keep her around. [People]
[Click to enlarge]
Eddie Murphy has proposed to his girlfriend of less than a year, Babyface‘s ex-wife Tracey Edmonds. Congratulations, happy couple! Eddie has five kids with his previous wife Nicole Mitchell (they divorced in 2006), and a new baby daughter with former Spice Girl-friend, Melanie Brown. He also has a shady past of picking up transvestite prostitutes. Mel B. told Essence that the pair were set to get married and have the baby, but that she had some issues with the actor, stating, “I’ll simply say that there were lifestyle changes that he would have to make if we were going to live together.” Could she possible be talking about his habit of “helping” hookers? Too bad she’s a classy lady and doesn’t dish the dirt. Mel does reveal that the convo about Eddie’s “lifestyle” then became “a trippy discussion, which ended up where we both refused to budge.” Next thing she knew, their relationship was over and he was with Edmonds.
Whew! Can you follow all that? Just in case you’re as confused as us, we’ve created this helpful little chart detailing the dirt on Eddie’s love life – which comes complete with six kids, a fianc?e, two baby mamas and a Babyface – with a little diva sprinkled on top. Kind of nutty, eh Professor? [People, NY Daily News?/ Images: Getty]
Eddie Murphy’s Actor Page
After his hilarious appearance last week on The Tonight Show dressed in drag as Lindsay Lohan, Rob Schneider was scolded by the starlet’s mom for making light of “a very serious situation concerning Lindsay.” Rob has fired back and it’s apparent that there are some very smart brains under that Lindsay wig. Hopefully Linds can hear his wise words in whatever Chateau Marmont suite she’s holed up in. Rob said:
“When Mrs. Lohan stops partying with her child, then I’ll have an ounce of respect for her. I don’t care if her parents are both crummy ? you cannot blame your parents anymore. She’s not a kid. Lindsay, get it together, America will forgive you but you gotta do something positive with your life. I hope she does okay but at a certain point, there’s so many bigger problems in the world than Lindsay Lohan. I hope she gets her head out of her nice, cute little rear end and finds a life for herself. She’s very talented, and a special little actress but there are so many people out there who’d trade positions with her in a heartbeat and use it better than she is.”
What do you think? Is Rob right or does Dina deliver? [People?/ Image: Getty]
Browse All Lindsay Lohan Photos
Rob Schneider Actor Page
There’s a rumor floating around in the internet wind that Paris has been cut out of her grandfather’s will. Apparently Grandpa MoneyBags Hilton is mortified by his granddaughter’s behavior – sex tape, hoochie outfits, House of Wax, herpes, jail – and has decided to pass her $60 million inheritance on to charity. But not to worry – Paris makes a lot of money from that embarrassing behavior and should be able to support herself for at least few more years. Even though her show The Simple Life was canceled today, P just got cast in something called Repo! The Genetic Opera, which is a musical thriller. Now what’s so embarrassing about that? [Gawker, DListed?/ Image: Getty]
Celebrity Bad Girls
Browse All Paris Hilton Photos
Pop culture has seemed a little bit emptier without Whitney Houston (it’s been months since we’ve had anything to say about her). And so, it is with great joy that I present you this gem of an anecdote starring Whit, as related in the August issue of Sister 2 Sister. S2S publisher Jamie Foster Brown ran into Whitney at the star-studded opening of the Cove Atlantis’ grand opening in the Bahamas in May. It appears that Whitney was resplendent in finger wags and neck rolls. Hell to the yes. Jamie writes:
“When I hit the island, S2S‘s June issue with Ray J on the cover was just hitting the newsstands. Who did I run into first? None other than diva Whitney Houston, who’d been Ray J’s rumored love interest for months. She was tripping out and yelling at me because she thought we had printed something negative about her in Ray J’s feature, though we had not. Then she said she’s a Christian woman so she was going to give me a hug. She did.“
Soooo jealous that she received both a tongue-lashing and love from Whit in the same encounter! And how comforting is it to know that post-rehab Whitney’s still about as emotionally consistent as Taz? Her arbitrary freak-outs are virtually the only thing that’s kept her relevant this decade! And she’s still got it! In all: a satisfying story. Please don’t keep us waiting too long for the next, Whit! All you have to do is go outside and, like, do something. It’s bound to be gold.
Whitney Houston’s Artist Page
Browse All Whitney Houston Photos
We left Britney last week after her photo-shoot gone wrong for OK! Magazine, and now it appears the drama didn’t end there. Brit reportedly stomped on over to her video shoot and proceeded to do her usual routine of constant bathroom breaks followed by erratic behavior. She topped it off with a full on sobbing meltdown! You can check out the pics of her on the set in the world’s trashiest outfit. Looking like a washed up 40-year old stripper isn’t exactly what we imagined for Brit’s big comeback. If anything she looks worse in her video shoot than she does out and about.
This weekend her mama Lynne partied with teen daughter Jamie-Lynn after apparently aborting a failed mission to rescue Britney (from herself?) in Las Vegas. Hey if you can’t save ‘em might as well join ‘em, right?
But today is truly a historical day in Brit-story as it marks the official end of her marriage to the one and only Kevin Federline. The backup dancer is getting $15,000 a month in child support, $20,000 a month in spousal support through November, and custody will be split 50/50. Well played, K-Fed! Not bad for a few years of wedded bliss. At least you got Brit while she was still hot. [Image: Getty]
Browse All Britney Spears Photos
Box Set: Britney Spears
Britney Spears Artist Page
There’s trouble in Usher’s paradise, as his much-hyped weekend wedding to Tameka Foster was canceled last minute on Saturday. His rep released an official statement revealing only that the nuptials were off, but rumors are rampant that the cancellation stemmed from a variety of drama. Usher’s mother Jonetta, who didn’t make the guest list, was vehemently against the wedding and may have convinced her son to call it off. Another battle for the couple was over what food to serve at their shindig. A source tells People that the pair, “had a lot of differences about the details. For example, the bride wanted barbeque, [and] he wanted to have [renowned chef] Jean Georges cook.”
Wow. If two people can break up that easy over food, imagine what kind of mess they’d be in with a kid?! Oh wait – Tameka and Usher are expecting a baby this fall. Yikes! Usher is now apparently home in Atlanta attempting to make peace with his estranged mother. “The reason he called off the ceremony is that he couldn’t go through with it without Jonetta,” said a NY Daily News spy. “He had an eleventh-hour epiphany.”
Or maybe he just realized that he really hates pulled pork and ribs.
What’s up with this guy?
[People, NY Daily News?/ Image: Getty]
VH1 News” Usher Calls Off Wedding!
Usher’s Artist Page
Watch Usher’s Best Music Videos
Browse All Usher and Tameka?Photos