Philadelphia’s 4th of July Jam is going global this year, thanks to VH1 and Palladia. The city’s Independence Day concert will be broadcast on both networks and will be streamed live on VH1.com.
Is Demi Lovato going to get to “annoy” Simon Cowell again on X Factor? What popular sitcom is Taylor Swift going to guest star on this year? All this, plus Macklemore opens up about his addictions, in today’s Last Lap.
On this week’s episode of the VH1 Top 20 Countdown, we’re rolling out the Top 20 videos of the year from Herald Square, New York City. That’s right, all the videos that have led the countdown throughout the different seasons of the year will now battle it out for Top 20 supremacy. But before the show airs on Saturday at 9am EST, you can still cast your vote for the video you think should take the crown for 2012. Who will it be? You’ll have to tune-in and check back with us on Saturday to find out!
Kelly Clarkson found love in a hopeFUL place. Before Sunday’s VH1 DIVAS rehearsal, the singer excitedly tweeted her engagement to Brandon Blackstock. Later in the evening, she delivered a lively performance of “Catch My Breath” from her recent album, Greatest Hits: Chapter One. But before any of the DIVAS hit the stage, celebrities congratulated Clarkson on her engagement while working the red carpet.
While some celebrities kept their congratulatory words brief, others offered funny advice. Our favorite is Jordin Sparks‘ reaction when asked to give the couple some marital advice. Check out the best quotes from VH1′s video of celebrities congratulating the newly engaged singer. Read more…
We’ve already shared some of our favorite behind the scenes moments, a few of our favorite GIF-ed moments and a whole slew of our favorite musical moments from last nights spectacular VH1 DIVAS show, and we’re still not through with our gushing because we just thought everyone on the bill — Adam Lambert, Kelly Clarkson, Demi Lovato, Metric, Keri Hilson, Pitbull, Ciara, Bootsy Collins, Miley Cyrus, Jordin Sparks, Kelly Rowland and more! — totally killed it. And so here we are, reliving our favorite moments last night through photos. Our top twenty moments, in no particular order — because, really, it would be cruel to make us chose between them — look something like this:
1. Kelly that brand new precious stone of hers! Brandon Blackstock sure is a lucky guy.
2. Pitbull didn’t “Stop The Party” until all his dancers were flat-out on the ground.
3. Natasha Bedingfield, Bootsy Collins and Iggy Azalea’s “Grove Is In The Heart” was hands down the evening’s most funky moment. And look how cute these three looked together!
What an amazing evening! The 2012 edition of VH1 DIVAS was chock full of unforgettable moments, ones that you can fortunately watch over-and-over again thanks to the miracle of streaming video. However, for all the show-stopping performances that you saw on VH1 tonight during the broadcast, there were a plethora of precious moments you weren’t privy to that happened backstage and off-camera. To that end, we had some VH1 insiders strategically placed all around the Shrine Auditorium tonight keeping their eyes, ears and camera lenses open all night long for those special moments that our TV cameras weren’t able to capture. And, seeing that it’s the holidays and all, the giving spirit is coursing through our veins and we thought we’d share some of the highlights with you.
So now, without further ado, here are the Top 16 Things That You Didn’t See On TV During VH1 DIVAS:
1. American Idol alumnus Adam Lambert ran out to greet the original Idol, Kelly Clarkson, and the two shared a warm hug just minutes before show time backstage. Adam did a little turn showing off his duds.
2. Speaking of the newly engaged Kelly Clarkson, she showed off her sparkly yellow canary diamond ring to a friend a few moments before she performed “Catch My Breath.” We overheard her saying “He did so good, didn’t he?” and “I was freaking out when he went down on one knee and all.” A clearly emotional Kelly also admitted on her way off-stage that “I can’t believe I almost totally cried on television!”