Last night on The X Factor, special guest R. Kelly joined Melanie Amaro on stage to back her up in her performance of “I Believe I Can Fly,” the first time he’s ever sang the classic song as a duet. But we think back up is the wrong word — if it weren’t for Melanie’s powerful, ballad-prone voice, R. Kelly would have completely stolen the show. You can see Melanie’s awed, almost-disbelief as she meets R. Kelly’s veteran presence, and you really can’t help getting a few goose bumps of pride for her, regardless of whether or not you’re familiar with the program. And as glitter falls from the ceiling and the two hold notes for marathon lengths, there’s no doubt as to the inspirational, soaring grandeur of the performance.
- Dillon Francis Gets Chrissy Teigen To Wet Her T-Shirt At Hangout Fest – | VH1 Tuner
- Are Kanye and Kim Cursed? Why Does 'Ye Seem So Down When They're Together? | VH1 Tuner
- VH1 Classic Remembers Ray Manzarek Of The Doors – | VH1 Tuner
- 20 Famous Songs You Didn't Know Were Covers | VH1 Tuner
- INTERVIEW: Eve Talks Lip Lock, Hip Hop Competitiveness, And What She Has To Say To Her Ex Stevie J –