We remember distinctly the edge of puberty — all awkward, disproportionate limbs, angsty scrawls in diaries emblazoned with pictures of Leonardo DiCaprio and Tiffani Amber Thiessen, and Nada Surf‘s “Popular.” Somewhat of an anthem for the 90s, “Popular” is probably the first thing you’ll think of when you hear the name Nada Surf, despite the band’s impressively full 20 year catalog. For their 20th year as a band, Nada Surf are back with a new album, The Stars Are Indifferent to Astronomy, and last night played “Hi-Speed Soul” (above) and “Waiting For Something” on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. With hints of the music you loved in the 90s, “Hi-Speed Soul” infuses power-pop with indie rock for a high energy, dynamic sound.
- Are Kanye and Kim Cursed? Why Does 'Ye Seem So Down When They're Together? | VH1 Tuner
- INTERVIEW: Eve Talks Lip Lock, Hip Hop Competitiveness, And What She Has To Say To Her Ex Stevie J –
- 14 Year-Old Girl’s Shredding Of “Eruption” Would Make Eddie Van Halen Proud – | VH1 Tuner
- Major Steals The Shine In His Dad T.I.’s “Hello” Featuring CeeLo – | VH1 Tuner
- VH1 Classic Remembers Ray Manzarek Of The Doors – | VH1 Tuner