Joan Jett fronting Nirvana for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony was one of the worst kept secrets in rock n’ roll but it turned out to be a red herring. The news went viral Tuesday after The Foo Fighters posted an Instagram photo of Jett’s iconic Gibson Melody Maker guitar alongside the instruments of surviving band members Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear, but in the end the group had much more planned for the night…
OOPS! CNN CALLS SARAH PALIN A “STUPID GIRL”
The news network opened a segment about Palin and Chick-Fil-A with P!nk‘s classic kiss-off, “Stupid Girls.” They’ve since issued a statement insisting that, “The music selection was a poor choice and was not intended to be linked to any news story.” [Mediaite]
Today marks the seventeenth anniversary of the death of Kurt Cobain. The music he and his bandmates in Nirvana created helped to catapult the indie rock underground of the 1980s into the public spotlight and forge a new rock mainstream, inspiring and influencing millions of listeners.
But Cobain, who never found an effective way to cope with that spotlight, would likely prefer to be remembered as a person, not as an icon of sadness, forever moping over his guitar on the set of Unplugged:
- Nicole: Baby Bumpin’, Wedding Planning
- Sonic Youth Head to Starbucks For Album, Soy No-Whip Latte
- Lindsay Cancels Her Party To Hang in Rehab
- Travolta: Guns Don’t Kill People, Pills Kill People
- Brad’s Mom Hangs with Jen
- Stop! Or Fab’s Mom Will Shoot
- The Cult of Clay Aiken
- Ross: From Fit Club to Girls’ Club
- Jessica and Justin Cuddle in Bad Outfits
Paris: Excited to Start "New Life"