Singer, songwriter, actor, and entrepreneur are just a few words to describe R&B sensation Ray J. With over a million albums sold, coveted roles on hit sitcoms, his own entertainment company and record label, Ray J has positioned himself as a contemporary renaissance man, one of today's hottest entertainers, and a Hollywood ladies' man.
Born Willie Ray Norwood, Jr. on January 17, 1981, in McComb, Mississippi, Ray J has matured right before our eyes as an actor and singer. In 1993, while older sister Brandy was making her mark in the music arena, at age 12, Ray J nabbed the role of LJ on comedian Sinbad's hit sitcom Sinbad. A few years later, Ray J continued to build his acting chops, making appearances on various television sitcoms, including Moesha and One on One with Kyla Pratt. Independent film roles followed, but it was not too long before Ray J would turn to his first true love -- music -- and offer the world a string of soul-stirring chart-topping hits.
In 1997, Ray J released his first album, Ev'rything You Want (Elektra) and followed up with 2002's This Ain't a Game (Atlantic), which showcased Ray J's trendsetting instincts, considering he was among the first to collaborate with legendary production duo The Neptunes. Ray J's second album also featured the catchy and dynamic single "Wait A Minute," an international club favorite and collaboration with superstar rapper Lil' Kim.
But it wasn't until 2005 when Ray J founded and developed Knockout Entertainment, independently released his third album entitled Raydiation, and his career began to take off. Reemerging as an independent artist helped Ray J score his biggest hit single, "One Wish." The galvanizing ballad, produced by mega-producer Rodney Jerkins, earned Ray J a BMI award and his first #1 single on the Billboard R&B charts, pushing Raydiation over the 400,000 sales mark -- a phenomenal achievement for an independent release.
In the spring of 2008, Ray J released his most successful album to date, All I Feel, a collection of ballads and up-tempo songs that showcase Ray J's versatility, including the chart-topping "Sexy Can I" with newcomer Yung Berg. The single went double platinum, reached #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 list, and became the fastest growing record in Koch Entertainment's distribution history.
With a solid music career under his belt, Ray J continues to dabble in television. After a string of successful hosting gigs on BET, in 2009, Ray J will make a splash in the reality realm, with his own dating series on VH1 called For the Love of Ray J. The reality show will showcase Ray J's affinity for luxury and his lavish lifestyle as he searches for his ideal woman.
Ray J's highly anticipated fifth album, tentatively called Raydiation 2, will be released in the summer of 2009.
- Collects anything that has to do with the Disney character Tigger.
- Says she doesn't like wasting time in a relationship. If it's not working, she moves on.
- Says she has a hard time understanding people who are less intelligent than she is.
- Admits that in the house she may become jealous of the other girls.
Hometown: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Occupation: Playboy Model
- Is a single mother to her 15-year-old son.
- Has been featured in the pages of Latin Playboy, American Playboy, and on Playboy TV.
- Says she enjoys the finer things in life yet refuses to date a man in order to get them.
- Says her biggest pet peeve is fake people.
Hometown: San Diego, CA
- Was a competitive cheerleader for several years and because of her petite size she was the teams flyer.
- Says she hangs out exclusively with African-American friends.
- Claims she has extremely short patience with men.
- Believes that because she is a huge R & B fan that will be her common bond with Ray J.
Hometown: Cape Verde, Africa
Occupation: Shot Girl / Model
- Speaks four languages.
- Says she's a fighter who does not stand for being disrespected.
- Admits that after seeing Ray J's sex tape she REALLY wanted a chance to date him.
Hometown: Dallas, TX
Occupation: Student/Freelance Writer
- A trained dancer that loves designing choreography.
- Says she grew up in the hood but decided to rise above her negative surroundings.
- Her biggest turn off is when a guy is a sloppy kisser.
- Says she is willing to do anything once.
Hometown: Long Island, NY
- An avid jet skier
- Claims to have dated both Marlon Wayans and Tyson Beckford.
- Says she refuses to deal with conflicts and will not get into catfights.
- Is extremely proud of her Italian heritage.
Hometown: Daytona Beach, FL
Occupation: Student/Cocktail Waitress
- Say she had a tough time growing up rich and being bi-racial.
- Says she loves to have her nose in everyone else's business and making new friends.
- Has a collection of 26 designer purses.
Hometown: Las Vegas, NV
Occupation: Exotic Dancer
- Plays ice hockey.
- Always speaks her mind and believes that it's the other persons problems, not hers.
Hometown: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Says she has the bad girl attitude.
- Has five tattoos, and five piercings.
- Thrives on competition and gets excited by just the thought of it.
Hometown: St. Paul, MN
Occupation: Procurement Specialist
- An adrenaline junky that loves to take life to the edge.
- She tends to overanalyze things and stress out for no reason.
- Says she doesn't get revenge immediately. Instead she will plot out her plan of attack, to make more of an impact.
Occupation: Student/ Clothing Sales
- One of her favorite hobbies is doing yard work.
- Says she is a huge brat that gets very mean when she doesn't get her way.
- Takes pride in being a strong woman capable of anything.
Hometown: Portland, Jamaica
Occupation: Make-Up Artist
- Says she hates when girls act too ghetto.
- Takes pride in her island culture and feels she is exotic.
- Enjoys participating in sports, especially boxing.
- Says on average her relationships don't last longer than three months.
Hometown: Oxnard, CA
Occupation: Go-Go Dancer
- Says she loves to dance nude in front of the mirror.
- Has traveled the world go-go dancing in Australia, Vegas, and Miami.
- Says she doesn't believe in being promiscuous, and has been celibate for several months.
- Says she doesn't like when men are too aggressive or cocky.
Hometown: New Jersey
- Divorced single mother of two.
- Says she loves to date younger men.
- Says that she is the type of person that insists on seeing the good in other people, even if they're showing a bad side.
- Army brat who grew up in both Hawaii and California
- Says she is a serial long-term relationship dater with no time in between the old guy and the new guy.
- Claims to be smarter than all the men she dates.
- A sports fan that loves watching boxing.
Occupation: Customer Service
- Can play any song on the piano by ear.
- Enjoys public displays of affection regardless of what others around her think.
- Admits to cheating on ex-boyfriends but has never been caught.
- Grew up in Russia.
Hometown: Martinez, CA
Occupation: Retail Sales
- Grew up in a small town but says she has always had the lifestyle of a big city girl.
- Says she gets bored very quickly when in a relationship and tends to act single even though she's not.
- Claims to take pride in being a rebel and loves getting caught while in the act.
- Says she is an extreme party girl.
Hometown: Hermitage, PA
- Captain of her high school dance and cheer teams.
- Says she caught her last boyfriend sending naked pictures to other girls via email.
- Says she always takes a diplomatic approach to confrontations.
- Believes that self-expression comes through sexual activity.
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
- Claims her "drive" is what makes her unique. When she really wants something she gets it.
- Says that her fathers death affected her more than anything, since she was a "daddy's girl".
- Is adventurous and loves sports. She's will to try anything once.