1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. OFFER VOID IN HAWAII, ALASKA AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS PROMTION SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ONLY ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: VH1 & Lady Gaga: "Show Us YOUR Fame Monster" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") commences at or around 12:00 pm Eastern Time ("ET") November 17, 2009 and ends at 11:59 am (ET) January 6, 2010 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received by 11:59 am (ET) January 6, 2010 and must comply with these Official Rules, including Paragraph 3.
By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with all provisions of these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. Neither MTVN, Viacom International, Inc. ("Viacom"), Interscope, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc. ("Interscope") nor any of its or their respective agencies, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and/or agents (hereinafter referred to collectively as the "Released Parties") are responsible for any late, or lost entries. Released Parties are also not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, telephone or internet servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure or delay of electronic communications, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries or administration of the Sweepstakes, or any combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrants or to any other person's telephone or computer equipment related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with this Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of MTVN, Viacom or Interscope's which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes or for any reason MTVN deems it necessary, MTVN reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website and potential winners may be chosen from among all Eligible Entries received prior to termination, if any. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event of a dispute over who submitted the winning entry, such entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. An "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a telephone number, pager number or email address by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational, government, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning telephone numbers, pager numbers, wireless phone numbers, email addresses, for the telephone exchange associated with the submitted telephone or pager number or the domain associated with the submitted telephone, pager number or email address, as applicable. All entries become the property of MTVN and will be neither acknowledged nor returned.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and District of Columbia who are twenty one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry (the "Entrant", collectively, the "Entrants"). Each potential Grand Prize Winner's (as hereinafter defined) one (1) eligible guest similarly must be a legal resident of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and District of Columbia and must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of prize fulfillment. Any potential Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her one (1) eligible guest are subject to proving eligibility, including verification of social security number and becoming an official winner is further subject to possessing a valid, government-issued photographic identification at the time of prize fulfillment. If any potential Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her one (1) eligible guest cannot furnish verifiable and valid proof of age within two (2) business days after being notified of winning, then all rights of such potential Grand Prize Winner to receive and use the Grand Prize Package (as hereinafter defined) thereupon will be terminated, and an alternate Grand Prize Winner may be chosen from among all remaining Eligible Entries received, at MTVN's sole discretion. Entrants are not eligible to enter or participate in the Sweepstakes if they are, or have an immediate family member (parent, spouse, child, sibling, grandparent, step parent, step child and step sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or household member, whether or not related, that is an agent, employee, officer, director, successor or assign of any of the Released Parties or any other participating sponsors, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, "Sponsor Entities") as well as any person who has won an MTVN sponsored national contest or sweepstakes in the twelve (12)-month period preceding entry into this Sweepstakes. VOID IN HAWAII, ALASKA AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Additional restrictions may apply.
5. PRIZING*: Two (2) Grand Prize Winners (each a "Grand Prize Winner") will receive the following Grand Prize Package.
Actual value of Grand Prize Package depends on the city of departure, time of travel, any airfare fluctuations and on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment, and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded:
Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary. In the event the potential Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her guest cannot travel on the dates specified by MTVN the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may be selected.
All Prizing is subject to availability and change at MTVN's sole discretion. MTVN reserves the right to without any prior notice and at any time replace, any or all prizes with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value. Additional restrictions may apply.
Once trip dates have been booked, no change, extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Released Parties shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documents (e.g., valid government-issued photo ID, etc.) and insurance. All airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Grand Prize Package are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code-share flights may be used. Grand Prize Package components cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer, and no portion may be separated except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.THE TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL OF THE PRIZES OFFERED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES IS $4,477.96.
6. The tentative date for prize fulfillment is on or about January 19, 2010 and January 21, 2010 and is subject to change at MTVN's sole discretion. The actual retail value of this Sweepstakes depends on current existing market conditions at time of prize fulfillment. By accepting the Grand Prize Package each Grand Prize Winner agrees that he/she will not and will not authorize any third party to auction or sell the Grand Prize Package (or any component thereof) without MTVN's written consent, which consent may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion. Grand Prize Package is non-transferable. Any costs and expenses associated with Grand Prize Package acceptance and use which are not expressly set forth in these Official Rules including but not limited to, meals, gratuities, luggage fees, phone calls, and any and all other travel and incidental expenses not specifically mentioned above as being included within the Grand Prize Package are each Grand Prize Winner and his/her one (1) eligible guest's sole responsibility. The value of the Grand Prize Package may be taxable as income. Each Grand Prize Winner may be required to supply MTVN with his/her social security number for tax purposes. If applicable, an IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Grand Prize Winner for the actual value of the Grand Prize Package received by such winner. Upon receipt of the Grand Prize Package each Grand Prize Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local tax that becomes due with respect to the acceptance and/or use of the Grand Prize Package.
7. The odds of winning will be determined by the total number of Eligible Entries received.
8. SELECTION/NOTIFICATION OF GRAND PRIZE WINNERS: Each Grand Prize Winner will be chosen at random, from among all of the Eligible Entries received by MTVN on or around January 7, 2010. MTVN will attempt to reach each potential Grand Prize Winner three (3) times by telephone using the contact information provided on such potential winner's online registration form within two (2) business days of being selected as a potential Grand Prize Winner. Three (3) voicemails will be left and each potential Grand Prize Winner must call back the telephone number provided in the voicemail within two (2) business days from the time the first voicemail was left. If any potential Grand Prize Winner is unreachable, or does not confirm receipt of winner notification voicemail by MTVN within the two (2) business days period in which the first voicemail was left or is found ineligible or does not comply with these Official Rules, then all rights of such potential Grand Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may be selected from among the remaining Eligible Entries by and at the sole discretion of MTVN.
9. The specifics of all elements of the Grand Prize Package in the Sweepstakes shall be solely determined by MTVN. Some restrictions may apply. No substitution, transfer of any prize (or any part of a prize package) except by MTVN due to prize unavailability at time of award in which case a prize of equal or greater value may be awarded. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Grand Prize Package will be made by MTVN. Return of any Grand Prize Package as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize Package and selection of alternate Grand Prize Winner.
10. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to: (i) waive any rights to claim ambiguity with any and all federal, state and local rules, laws, and/or regulations; (ii) be bound by each provision and abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the MTVN which are final, binding and non-appealable in all respects; and (iii) to release and hold harmless Released Parties, from and against any and all liability (including but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes. As a prerequisite for receiving and using the Grand Prize Package each potential Grand Prize Winner must complete, sign and return to MTVN, within two (2) weeks after the date of MTVN's request and presentation thereof: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release of MTVN, Viacom, and each of their respective affiliates and employees from any and all liability, claims, demands, judgments, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use or acceptance of the Grand Prize Package (or any portion thereof); and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting MTVN ,Viacom and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing the right to use his or her name and/or likeness for advertising and/or publicity purposes in all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity and without additional compensation, notification, or permission, unless prohibited by law; and (c) any other legal document that MTVN may require (in its sole discretion). Each Grand Prize Winner's one (1) eligible guest must also execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes each potential Grand Prize Winner, his/her one (1) eligible guest's agreement to sign such affidavit, releases and legal documentation. Failure of any potential Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her one (1) eligible guest to complete, sign and return to MTVN such affidavit, release and legal documentation within such two (2) week period shall result in such Grand Prize Winner's disqualification from the Sweepstakes, in which event an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining Eligible Entries, in MTVN's sole discretion.
The receipt by any Grand Prize Winner of the Grand Prize Package of this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state and local rules and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY GRAND PRIZE WINNER (AT MTVN'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF "VH1 & LADY GAGA SHOW US YOUR FAME MONSTER SWEEPSTAKES" AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
11. MTVN reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MTVN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY OF THE CONTROVERSY REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: MTVN's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant hereby agrees irrevocably and in perpetuity that the Released Parties shall have no liability in connection with any such Grand Prize Winner's acceptance or use/misuse of any prize awarded in this Sweepstakes.
13. LIST OF WINNERS OR OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of the winner list and/or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a SASE to: Attn:VH1 Consumer Marketing, 1515 Broadway 21st. floor, New York, NY 10036. All requests must be received no later than January 31, 2010. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
14. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by MTV Networks: 1515 Broadway, New York, NY, 10036, USA.