Please welcome from"Basketball Wives LA,"
[cheers and applause]
- Hello.- Hi. Thanks for having me.
- So, Angel, you've dealtwith slut-shaming as well.
- Yes, I have.- And what was that like?
- Well, you know I havea clothing line...
- Mm-hmm.- That is known
for being very sexy.- Yeah.
- So a lot of times, I get a lotof backlash for that, you know.
And I think societytells us women
that we have to bemore covered up.
That we shouldn't be wearingtight-fitted clothing.
Otherwisewe're either labeled
or that we're askingfor the wrong type of attention.
- And I thinkthat's complete bull[bleep].
I get harassed in the clubso much,
and they're like,"You kind just ask for it.
You're Amber Rose,"but, you know,
whatever I wear,it really doesn't matter.
If it's sexy,if it's men's wear,
I mean,they kinda go underneath
and, like, grab my ass.Girls and guys.
And it's just like, you know,regardless of what we have on,
it's not a invitationto touch us,
unless we say,"Hey, come and touch me."
- I agree.- Right.
- You know what I mean?- Right.
It's becausewe want to look good
and feel good for ourselves.- Exactly.
- You know?- Yeah, it's really--
Yeah, you're right.It really is about us
and what, you know,
what makes us feel sexy.- Yeah.
- And what makes usfeel confident.
We don't always do itfor you guys out there.
- I personallyget ridiculed constantly.
If I post a picturewhere I'm covered,
most of the comments are like,"Oh, my God.
She's actuallywearing clothes.
You know,"She actually has clothes on."
Like, "You should dresslike that, you're a mom,"
you know,and you're a mother, too.
- I am.- And it's just--
- Oh, it's supposed to be'cause you had a child...
- Right.- You're supposed to all of
a sudden decide to cover up.- I'm a nun, all of a sudden.
- But it's okay for your boobsto be on the cover
of every magazine,but yet, you can't breastfeed.
- Right. And, Angel, you have ababy with a basketball player.
- Yes. I fell in love with him,you know,
and all I would here is, "Oh,she's with him for his money,"
or, "She's a gold digger,"or, you know, "She's a groupie."
I'm like,"You guys don't even know me."
- Right.- Like, I can't just
love this man?Like, I didn't spend time
with himand get to know him.
It has to be about his money.