Pedro Pascal might be a new edition to HBO’s Game of Thrones this season, but he’s already wooed the show’s most stalwart fans. Now, Pascal is bringing the same heat and sex appeal that he has as Prince Oberyn Martell to VH1–so much so that our own Kate Spencer exclaimed, “Everything sounds sexual when you interview the Red Viper!”
Oscar-winner Lupita Nyong’o is on the new cover of People‘s Most Beautiful issue. She becomes the third African American star to grace the cover. Although a landmark issue, people are upset that the actress’s skin looks lighter. Some people think she might be subject of some photoshopping.
How many countries can Justin Bieber upset? He’s already checked off Netherlands, Brazil, China and the U.S. Now, he’s back pedaling on a recent visit to a shrine in Japan. People were offended when he posted an Instagram photo of him at the Yasukuni Shrine, where soldiers including war criminals from World War II are enshrined.
We all know that many of our favorite shows are filmed somewhere on a Los Angeles soundstage. However, there are plenty of series that try to add doses of reality by making the cities in which they’re set an integral part of the show. But what happens when those exterior shots aren’t from the actual locations audiences are led to believe they are?
2. Jimmy Fallon The History of Rap With Justin Timberlake (2010)
Back in 2010, the two hilarious buds and dynamic duo brought us a late night novelty, all started by the classic tune, “Rapper’s Delight” on Late Night. From Snoop Dogg to Salt-N-Pepa, Busta Rhymes to Jay-Z, these hilarious tributes will not only bring us endless nostalgia, but make us take our hats off to Jimmy as a rapper and performer. He definitely brings it every time. Watch out, Kayne… The tradition lived on, as History of Rap Part 5 closed out Fallon’s first week as host of The Tonight Show this year. Keep ‘em coming, guys!
1. Jon Stewart 9/11 Monologue (2001)
Just days after September 11th, 2001, resident New Yorker Jon Stewart opened his normally comedic show with a monologue so touching, he cried. Because of his raw emotion and genuine tone, it’s almost impossible to watch this clip and not get chills. 12 years later, in honor of the Freedom Tower beating out Chicago’s Willis Tower for tallest in the country, Stewart further boasts about his city the best way he knows how… defending NYC pizza. From serious to hilarious, Stewart’s pride for his city is unmatched. We <3 Jon Stewart.
Mean Girls was released nearly 10 years ago, catapulting its star Lindsay Lohan to teen icon status. Barely 18 at the time, Lohan became a fixture on the Hollywood scene after the film’s release, hanging out with It Girls like Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie, with mom Dina by her side. The attention bestowed upon her and her own group of Plastics soon shed light on a new batch of modern celebrities: the reality star. Reality television became a legitimate form of entertainment in the 2000s, spawning many successful personalities like Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, and legitimizing the inexplicable draw of heiresses with sex tapes.
As we continue our examination of fame in the pre-social media era, it’s time to take a trip down memory lane — back to when Wilmer Valderrama was romancing a rotating cast of teen starlets and Britney Spears was considered unpredictable simply because of her tendency to get married. Usher was confessing his sins through song and Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen were finally tapping into the millions of dollars they made before puberty. Mel Gibson‘s The Passion of the Christ and Arnold Schwarzenegger‘s election win angered many, but all people really wanted to complain about was Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake‘s infamous wardrobe malfunction at the Super Bowl.
In honor of Throwback Thursday, we’re reliving the moments that ruled the year 2004. Remember the awkwardness of Ashlee Simpson‘s Saturday Night Live faux pas and recall Chad Michael Murray‘s heartthrob status on all of your favorite WB/CW soaps, in the gallery above.
And if that’s not enough for your nostalgia-loving soul, relive the year 2004 with this vintage look at Alicia Keys discussing the name of her sophomore album. (Yes, this was long before “Empire State of Mind.”)
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Is Khloe Kardashian getting a late night show? Is Alicia Silverstone a bigger hippie than Shailene Woodley? Is Lupita Nyong’o starring in a Disney movie?
- Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis have welcomed their first child, a son named Otis Alexander. Big congrats to the couple, who have been engaged since January 2013. [US Magazine]
- Chelsea Handler is leaving her late night show at E!, but will Khloe Kardashian be her replacement? The Gossip Table has the scoop!
- Shailene Woodley might have some competition in the hippie starlet category. Alicia Silverstone’s new book details how tampons are dangerous and why babies should poop anywhere. The only question we have is which actress is the bigger hippie? [The Frisky]
- Lupita Nyong’o might have been the Cinderella of the Oscars, but she’s joining the cast of a different Disney story. Nyong’o will play a mother wolf named Rakcha in the new live action version of The Jungle Book. [MTV News]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Move over Hollywood, Atlanta is officially the A-List town of choice. The city, which is host to a number of TV shows and film productions, also claims everyone from Tyler Perry to NeNe Leakes as its residents. And these stars bring in big money to the city. Just because they aren’t in New York City or Los Angeles doesn’t mean they don’t know how to live the fabulous life. In fact, they reinvented it with their $35M homes (ahem, Perry), $1.8M weddings (we’re looking at you, NeNe) and $500K on a gold chain (oh hey, Lil Jon).
When it comes to Atlanta, it’s all about living large. That’s why VH1′s The Fabulous Life Of… went inside the rich and lavish lifestyles of those who live there.
As we mentioned before, Lil Jon isn’t shy about dropping a half-million dollars on a necklace. But it’s not the only thing he owns. Watch bonus clips from tonight’s episode that breaks down the rapper’s spending habits:
Is Jodie Foster a married woman? Camilla, the Duchess Of Cornwall, suffers a tragic family loss, and the stars of MTV’s new show head to Big Morning Buzz Live.
- Fresh off her naked cover for Rolling Stone magazine, Julia Louis-Dreyfus has upped the ante for a spread in GQ. The Veep star is shown doing the do with a clown, only covered by his body. JLD, you’re killing us! [Just Jared]
- The stars of MTV’s new teen series Faking It appeared on Big Morning Buzz Live, and shared some amazing tidbits about what might happen throughout out the first season! Check out the video below to discover what’s in store.
- Duchess Camilla’s brother has died. Mark Shand sustained head injuries after a fall in New York City, and sadly succumbed to the physical trauma. He was 62. [E!]
- Jodie Foster has wed her partner, Alexandra Hedison, this past weekend. The actress’ famous coming out speech (or non-coming out speech) from the Golden Globes was all the buzz early last year, and we’re happy she’s found love! [MTV News]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
- By JARVIS
You guys, The Following is messed up!!! Just as I was catching up with all the twists and turns of this current season, who else do I run into today but the one and only Sam Underwood!
Whew!!! I know it’s only acting, but when it comes to convoluted and devious he’s very convincing! During my normal celebrity stalking today, I almost cried a little when I realized who he was!
Thank God, he was as sweet as pie, super friendly and ready for just about anything that could happen on our elevator ride to the top! Thanks for making my day Sam, can’t wait to see what happens on the season finale!!!!