While we everyone on The Jenny McCarthy Show loves live music just as much as anyone else, none of us want to deal with all the dust, sand and hot sun that comes with Coachella. Instead, we plan to stay hydrated and cool (and possibly relax by the pool) with a “Sand-gria.” It’s the perfect drink for the spring weather without all that sand in our hair.
Want the recipe?
+1 bottle of dry red wine
+3 oz triple sec
+2 tbs sugar
+1/4 cup orange juice
+1/3 cup fresh blueberries
+1/3 cup fresh raspberries
+1 orange, cut into wedges
+1 lemon, cut into wedges
+1 lime, cut into wedges
+2 cups sliced peaches
+fresh basil for garnish
+glow-sticks for garnish
1. In a large pitcher or gallon jar, combine the red wine, triple sec, and orange juice.
2. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
3. Cut the orange, lemon and lime into wedges and add to the sangria.
4. Stir in the blueberries raspberries and sliced peaches and add to the mixture.
5. Chill for a few hours and allow the flavors to meld.
When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator and add ice cubes to the pitcher. Serve the cocktail in oversized wine glasses with fresh basil and glowsticks for garnish.