Do you think you’re Nick Carter’s biggest fan? Well then listen up, you could win a trip to see the star of I Heart Nick Carter and the rest of the Backstreet Boys – sounds good, yah? Well, it gets better, you and a guest could win a trip on a Backstreet Boys cruise! Check the official rules below and prove that you’re #NicksBiggestFan.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, HA W AII AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. CARRIER-SPECIFIC CHARGES FOR WIRELESS APPLICATION PROTOCAL (“WAP”) USAGE MAY APPLY.
2. Entry Period: VH1 Presents: “The #NicksBiggestFan Cruise” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at 10:00:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on September 10, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (EDT) on September 24, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States, and the District of Columbia who are at least 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (“Sponsor”), Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”), and their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (b) acknowledge compliance with each provision of these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements; and (c) release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or the use or misuse or redemption of a prize, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Note: If entrant accesses the Website using a mobile phone, carrier-specific charges for WAP usage may apply, depending on entrant’s individual wireless pricing plan in accordance with the wireless customer agreement. Entrants should contact their mobile service provider regarding any restrictions and/or for pricing plans and service availability. Released Parties are not responsible for charges entrants may incur as a result of any mobile phone transmissions. Mobile phone service may not be available in all areas. Entrants are solely responsible for any and all fees and taxes incurred by the use of his/her mobile phone service associated with participation in this Sweepstakes.
All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules, shall be hereinafter referred to as each an “Eligible Entry” or collectively, the “Eligible Entries”.
Limit one (1) Eligible Entry per day, per person throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt to exceed the aforementioned limit of entries permitted by these Official Rules, including the use of multiple email addresses, telephone numbers and/or mailing addresses, may lead to disqualification (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant who has submitted a winning Eligible Entry, the authorized account holder of the email account used to log into the Facebook account used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof that entrant submitted an entry to enter the Sweepstakes, does not constitute proof or evidence that Sponsor actually received it within the Sweepstakes Period. Incomplete or inaccurate entries are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The odds of winning will be determined by the total number of Eligible Entries received.
5. Grand Prize Winner Selection/Notification: One (1) grand prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected at random from among all of the Eligible Entries received on or about September 25, 2014. Sponsor (or a third party on its behalf, if applicable) will make one (1) attempt over the 24 hour period following Grand Prize Winner selection to contact the potential Grand Prize Winner via the email address or phone number provided on their entry. If the potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached during the 24 hour period in which he/she is contacted (no messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems) such potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining Eligible Entries received. Sponsor reserves the right not to award any prize if it is determined, in its sole discretion, that an insufficient number of Eligible Entries were received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Grand Prize Winner Verification: The potential Grand Prize Winner’s one (1) eligible guest (“Guest”) similarly must be a legal resident of one (1) of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or District of Columbia and must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of prize fulfillment. The potential Grand Prize Winner and Guest (as applicable) must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within two (2) days of being notified as the potential Grand Prize Winner. In the event of non-compliance by any potential Grand Prize Winner or Guest (as applicable) such potential Grand Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as the Grand Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries received in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest (as applicable) must sign and return to Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Released Parties, from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of the Grand Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for such Grand Prize; (b) except where prohibited by law, a release granting Sponsor the right to use their name, image and likeness in and in connection with the advertising and publicity of VH1, and Sponsor without additional compensation; and (c) Grand Prize Winner’s acknowledgment and agreement of compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes Grand Prize Winner’s agreement to sign such releases. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest (as applicable) also must acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Grand Prize and that Grand Prize Winner and Guest (as applicable) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for (if applicable) any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest (as applicable) must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Grand Prize and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by Sponsor or Grand Prize Winner may forfeit the Grand Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All decisions of Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Grand Prize Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Prize: The Grand Prize Winner will receive the following grand prize (the “Grand Prize”):
Admission for The Grand Prize Winner and Guest to sail on the 2014 Backstreet Boys Cruise
from Port of Call in Miami, Florida to Half Moon Cay Beach, Bahamas (“Cruise”).
(NOTE: Grand Prize Winner and his/her one (1) Guest must provide their own transportation to and from the port(s) of call for the Cruise. No travel expenses will be provided.)
The following list of accommodations, amenities and prizes are included on the Cruise:
• One (1) shared ocean view cabin or other room type selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion for three (3) nights on the Cruise (room and tax only, one (1) double occupancy cabin/room).
• Meals and snacks for Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest, including coffee, tea, iced tea and juices.
• 24-Hour Complimentary Room Service and Pizzeria.
• Gratuities for dining and cabin staff.
• Full use of Ship Facilities: Two (2) pools, whirlpools, fitness center, casino, library,
duty-free shopping and all Cruise events.
• Admission into one (1) one-hour cocktail party.
• An opportunity for one (1) complimentary photo session (limit of 4-5 guests per
• Admission into one (1) Half Moon Cay Beach Party.
• An opportunity for Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest to attend Cruise events (not
guaranteed and subject to talent’s availability).
The total ARV of the Grand Prize: $2,696.00
The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Grand Prize fulfillment and the time of travel and the distance between departure and destination (as applicable). Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. No other substitution, transfer or cash equivalent permitted. Sponsor reserves the right, without any prior notice and at any time, to replace any portion of or all of the Grand Prize with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value.
If the Grand Prize Winner is not available to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Grand Prize Winner privileges and the Grand Prize will be terminated and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the remaining Eligible Entries. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on the same cruise itinerary. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on the dates specified by Sponsor or the Grand Prize will be forfeited. Guest traveling with Grand Prize Winner must be at time of Grand Prize fulfillment twenty (21) years of age or older. Sponsor will determine the cabin/accommodations in its sole discretion. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest must possess valid travel documents in order to travel, including but not limited to valid government-issued photo ID, unexpired U.S. passports, etc. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by cruise carrier or any other persons providing any services and accommodations necessitated by same. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest are solely responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that VMN has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage and/or belongings. All travel dates are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If for any reason any Grand Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, Sponsor reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes in their discretion and shall award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically listed above as being provided, including, without limitation, air and ground transportation, luggage fees, meals, snacks, beverages, mini-bar, entertainment, tips, souvenirs, personal expenses, damages to cabin rooms, any equipment to be used in connection with the Sweepstakes are solely Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility.
8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prize(s) will be made by Sponsor. All costs and expenses not specifically listed as part of the Prize(s) are solely Winners’ responsibility. The value of the Grand Prize may be taxable to Grand Prize Winner as income. All costs and expenses not specifically listed as part of the Grand Prize, including any incidental costs incurred in connection with acceptance or use of the Grand Prize are solely Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099s will be issued in the name of the Grand Prize Winner for the actual value of the Grand Prize received. Upon entry into this Sweepstakes, entrants are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. The Released Parties shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Grand Prize Winner or potential Grand Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Grand Prize as described herein.
Arrangements for fulfillment of the Grand Prize will be made by Sponsor. The dates for fulfillment of the Grand Prize will be on or around October 24 – 27, 2014, subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of any Grand Prize or any portion thereof permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Released Parties assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e- mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Grand Prize and/or Grand Prize Winner. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in Sponsor’s on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website and the Grand Prize may be awarded to a Grand Prize Winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software- generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERA TEL Y DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Released Parties, and hereby acknowledge that said Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the prize.
10. Request for the Name of Grand Prize Winner and/or Official Rules: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
VH1 Presents: “The #NicksBiggestFan Cruise” Sweepstakes – Attn: VH1 Consumer Marketing 1515 Broadway, 21st Floor
New York, NY 10036
All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and/or for the name of the Grand Prize Winner must be made by December 24, 2014. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the name of the “Grand Prize Winner”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
11. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International, Inc. 1515 Broadway New York, New York 10036.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. Inquiries (whether questions, comments or complaints) should be directed to Sponsor, not to Facebook.