Rapper and Couples Therapy vet DMX was found unconscious in a Yonkers hotel parking lot and rushed to the hospital Monday night, TMZ reports.
According to the gossip site, Yonkers police found DMX on the ground in a parking lot at the city’s Ramada Inn around 6 p.m. He was not breathing and did not have a pulse.
The police successfully performed CPR on the “Where the Hood At?” artist. His pulse returned after only a minute.
Why DMZ became unconscious is still a mystery. TMZ reports a witness told police DMX “ingested” a powder before losing his pulse. Interestingly, Narcan (which helps revive people from narcotic overdoses) helped DMX regain a “semi-conscious” state.
DMX’s family originally said he suffered from an asthma attack, but TMZ alleges this was actually an overdose. This morning, the rapper denied consuming any type of powder. He is currently in a stable condition.
“This was an excellent job by the officers and they definitely saved the life,” Lt. Patrick McCormack told New York Daily News. “They found him in a lifeless condition with no breathing. They were able to bring back some breathing.”
DMX spent two months in jail over the summer for not paying $400,000 in child support. (The original sentence was six months). He got into legal trouble again in December after missing a court hearing.
We will keep you updated as this story unfolds.
DMX breaks down as he reveals that his mother never felt any love for him on Couples Therapy: