If you don’t know by now Drake and Hot 97 DJ Funkmaster Flex don’t like each other very much. It’s unclear what started the beef, but it escalated when Flex took Meek Mill’s side when he was beefing with Drizzy. As of last night, their feud deepens as both took shots at each other in the same city.
Flex took to his radio show on Hot 97 to respond to Drake’s comments he made during night one of his “Summer Sixteen” tour at Madison Square Garden. He rapped, “They telling lies on Hot 97, that’s how it goes / I told ‘em fire Funk Flex and then I’ll do your show / Plus, me and Kanye just got out the studio / My first night in the Garden, feeling like D Rose.”
Flex wasn’t worried about being fired. “Want me to tell you why? Because 70 percent of your fans wear high-heels, the other 30 percent are guys who wear sandals,” he said.
Flex then went on to tell the story behind the infamous BlackBerry footage, which Drake was filmed freestyling while reading lines from his phone. “You wanted people to think that you write your bars, you wanted people to think that on that BlackBerry those [words] were yours, and that you wrote that” Flex said. “I see through you. And that’s why you so angry.”
He continued, “Let me tell you something, Drizzy. You know what you should’ve just done, bruh? Reference tracks came, you should’ve just said, ’Bruh, I got a couple people who help me with a couple things and keep it moving. It doesn’t change you.”
You can listen to the Flex’s full audio response below.
Drake didn’t hold his breath last night either. The 6 God addressed a small crowd in New York saying, “By keeping New York music alive, I don’t mean going and playing the songs four weeks late and s–t trying to sound cool, late night, primetime on the radio, seven to nine o’ clock talking all that bullshit,” Drake said. “Shout out to the real DJs who know real music and shit like that. Shout out to New York City. It’s love, you already know.”
This beef is far from over.