Let’s kick it back to 2004. Aubrey Graham was 17 and drove an Acura TSX. In what could have been the perfect first date but was actually an episode of Degrassi Unscripted, future-Drake introduced his fans to his mother and grandmother, and showed them *his crib*.
There are five important things that we learned from this occurrence:
1. Drake’s mom would not let his grandmother eat chocolate.
2. Drizzy MADE a table inspired by his favorite rappers.
3. He had notebooks full of lyrics that he thought he would never use.
4. He was already a sneakerhead.
5. He thought owning a Mercedes or a BMW was “pretentious.” ’Cause he wasn’t about having stuff or whatever.
Drake, if you’re reading this, know that we love you.