When Kimye got married in 2014 most people showed up in their Sunday’s best (on steroids) because you literally could not just pull anything out of your closet. Well for avante-garde attendee, Jaden Smith that meant wearing a crispy-clean white batsuit like it was hot off of a NYFW runway – mask and all. We didn’t really get it then, or when he went to prom in the same outfit, but TBH we don’t understand anything Jaden does and probably aren’t meant to.
Now here we are in 2017 and the batsuit is back except this time Jaden is wearing it to dab around the city of Los Angeles in his new music video, “Batman.” There are so many things to say about this video but do yourself a favor and watch it first.
Now that you’ve seen it, you probably have questions for sure like “What was this song about?” or “Why is Jaden wearing this suit?” but if you’re an old person (so like, pretty much everyone) you will have a very specific set of questions that probably sounds something like this:
1. What happened to that nice boy from The Karate Kid and The Pursuit of Happyness?
How did we get from sweet and innocent first born child of Will and Jada to here?
2. Why is Jaden going Batsh– after waking up in a field before the music even started?
It’s not crazy that one would be upset after waking up in a field, but dang he’s crunk right now and he probably purposely went to sleep in the field just so he could be angry in the morning.
3. Was this shot pre-Jaden-carrying-his-dreads-as- an-accessory-at-the-Met-Gala or did he clip them back on for this video?Getty Images
TBH, if he did clip them on for effect, they’re in there pretty good because they orbit his head as he jumps around in the streets.
4. What did the woman want that called Jaden in the beginning of the video?
He hung up on her like she was a telemarketer before she could really ask her question.
5. Is Jaden so busy that he can’t be bothered to stream the credits after the video is done?
This is so Jaden.
6. Is it safe to rap out of moving car with the suicide doors up like that?
All of these cars have suicide doors and Jaden is rapping out the door with no seatbelt on like it’s a regular thing!
7. Why are there subtitles for English phrases that aren’t being spoken?
At the 2:38 mark, there’s a subtitle for “Watchu, stupid?” while he raps, something-something “we ain’t really got a choice?”
8. Where is Willow at?
We love her and she’s slightly more rational – she needed to be in this video to bring it down a notch.
9. Why is that Spiderman doing the “crank that” hop with his face blurred out?
It’s 2007 and Soulja Boy just screamed “YOUUUUUU” all over again.
10. What did I just watch?
Literally, just what?
Watch Will Smith embarrass his kids by recalling the night son Jaden was conceived.